Cupid's Cubicle: Co-Workers' Reactions to Workplace Romance Characteristics
- Your Boss, a Brother, Gets Out of Line. Edmondson Bell, Ella L.J. // Essence (Time Inc.);Jan2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p72
Provides pieces of advice on various workplace-related problems. Incidents of sexual harassment with an Afro-American boss; Advice on dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace; Best way to recover from a job-related mistake.
- Hands off! McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;Sep98, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p85
Focuses on how decisions on sexual harassment in the United States Supreme Court in 1998 affect small business owners. How a company can be held legally responsible for sexual harassment; Comments from Ansis Viksnins, an employment lawyer with Lindquist and Vennum in Minneapolis; Actions which...
- Men and women in the workplace. Dorgan III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;Jul97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p118
Enumerates strategies for promoting positive gender relations in the workplace. Recognition that women employees made significant contributions to work; Avoidance of conflicts by understanding the communication differences between men and women.
- THE USE AND CONSEQUENCES OF STRATEGIC SEXUAL PERFORMANCES. BASKERVILLE WATKINS, MARLA; NICOLE SMITH, ALEXIS; AQUINO, KARL // Academy of Management Learning & Education;Sep2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p173
Organizational research on workplace sexuality generally focuses on sexual harassment or workplace romance to the exclusion of strategic forms of sexuality (i.e., the instrumental use of sexuality to influence others or gain desired ends). We consider men's and women's strategic sexual...
- Business Success Moves Women Beyond Stereotypes. // Business Journal (Central New York);05/04/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p22
Editorial. Focuses on the success of women in business in New York. Effect on the women's roles; Changes in the definition of being a businesswoman; Movement into leadership in business.
- Forensic Psychiatry. Terrell, Howard B. // Forensic Examiner;Jul/Aug1998, Vol. 7 Issue 7/8, p34
The article discusses the forensic psychiatric aspect of sexual harassment and wrongful termination in the workplace. There are many ways wherein lawsuits for wrongful termination can arise, including insubordination, gross incompetence, theft, violence, dishonesty, and temporary employment. A...
- Women in International Business: Women in Project Controls Task Force of AACE International. // AACE International Transactions;2008, p1
The article presents the various protocols that lessen the working obstruction of businesswomen in foreign countries. It is inferred that in the working environment, men do not often know how to act in business situations with women, as a lot of them disapprove women's functioning in business....
- The Subordinate's Exposure of Organizational Vulnerability to the Superior: Sex and Organizational Effects. Young, Jerald W. // Academy of Management Journal;Mar1978, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p113
Sixty male and 60 female undergraduates evaluated eight randomly presented messages which were both important for organizational effectiveness and personally threatening to the subordinate. The following hypothesized effects were found both for organic, compared with mechanistic settings, and...
- FATAL ATTRACTIONS: THE (MIS) MANAGEMENT OF WORKPLACE ROMANCE. Appelbaum, Steven H.; Marinescu, Ana; Klenin, Julia; Bytautas, Justin // International Journal of Business Research;2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p31
The purpose of this article is to synthesize, through a comprehensive review of historic and contemporary literature, critical contributors to the development of workplace romance as a challenge, its effects on the organization's performance and its employees, as well as strategies for action....