Cupid's Cubicle: Co-Workers' Reactions to Workplace Romance Characteristics
- Power and Sex. Michelson, Joan Bryna // Las Vegas Business Press;8/30/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p15
Comments on gender relations in the workplace. Examples of women achieving great power in the workplace; Views on sexual innuendo; Role of women in reversing the trend of dominant men in the workplace.
- Your Boss, a Brother, Gets Out of Line. Edmondson Bell, Ella L.J. // Essence (Time Inc.);Jan2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p72
Provides pieces of advice on various workplace-related problems. Incidents of sexual harassment with an Afro-American boss; Advice on dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace; Best way to recover from a job-related mistake.
- Weekly dilemma… Sexual harassment. Ward, Sarah // Personnel Today;3/7/2006, p18
The article focuses on the incidents of sexual harassment against women in workplace. Employer have a duty to provide a safe and healthy working environment, which includes protection against bullying, harassment and discrimination. If the issue is not addressed, one may lose the employees...
- Office lust rears its ugly head. // B&T Weekly;11/16/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 2637, p24
The article offers answers from advertising executives in Australia to a question on handling two senior agency staff that are spending time together in and out of office hours, alienating other staff and creating speculation among clients. Karen Eck of Eckfactor recommends a non-confrontational...
- Hands off! McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;Sep98, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p85
Focuses on how decisions on sexual harassment in the United States Supreme Court in 1998 affect small business owners. How a company can be held legally responsible for sexual harassment; Comments from Ansis Viksnins, an employment lawyer with Lindquist and Vennum in Minneapolis; Actions which...
- Men and women in the workplace. Dorgan III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;Jul97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p118
Enumerates strategies for promoting positive gender relations in the workplace. Recognition that women employees made significant contributions to work; Avoidance of conflicts by understanding the communication differences between men and women.
- The men's room. // Glamour;Sep94, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p186
Focuses on the use of a facility called the Men's Room as male workers' refuge from female officemates. Topics discussed by men in the Men's Room; Tone of men's conversations; Men's behavior toward female coworkers; Definition of office decorum.
- Attraction and Harassment: Dynamics of Sexual Politics in the Workplace. Quinn, Robert E.; Lees, Patricia E. // Organizational Dynamics;Autumn1984, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p35
This article examines issues and problems involved in mutual attraction and in sexual harassment in the office. Sexual feelings are a natural phenomenon and at least an implicit issue in human groups. When people walk through the office door, their sexual feelings are not extinguished. In fact,...
- Inching Toward Inclusiveness: Diversity Climate, Interpersonal Conflict and Well-Being in Women Nurses. Sliter, Michael; Boyd, Elizabeth; Sinclair, Robert; Cheung, Janelle; McFadden, Anna // Sex Roles;Jul2014, Vol. 71 Issue 1/2, p43
Interpersonal conflict is a type of mistreatment acknowledged to be a serious problem in the United States workplace, particularly for women. This interpersonal conflict is related to negative outcomes in women, as well as the exclusion of women in the workplace, which highlights the importance...