Cupid's Cubicle: Co-Workers' Reactions to Workplace Romance Characteristics
- Your Boss, a Brother, Gets Out of Line. Edmondson Bell, Ella L.J. // Essence (Time Inc.);Jan2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p72
Provides pieces of advice on various workplace-related problems. Incidents of sexual harassment with an Afro-American boss; Advice on dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace; Best way to recover from a job-related mistake.
- Weekly dilemmaâ€¦ Sexual harassment. Ward, Sarah // Personnel Today;3/7/2006, p18
The article focuses on the incidents of sexual harassment against women in workplace. Employer have a duty to provide a safe and healthy working environment, which includes protection against bullying, harassment and discrimination. If the issue is not addressed, one may lose the employees...
- Office lust rears its ugly head. // B&T Weekly;11/16/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 2637, p24
The article offers answers from advertising executives in Australia to a question on handling two senior agency staff that are spending time together in and out of office hours, alienating other staff and creating speculation among clients. Karen Eck of Eckfactor recommends a non-confrontational...
- Hands off! McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;Sep98, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p85
Focuses on how decisions on sexual harassment in the United States Supreme Court in 1998 affect small business owners. How a company can be held legally responsible for sexual harassment; Comments from Ansis Viksnins, an employment lawyer with Lindquist and Vennum in Minneapolis; Actions which...
- Men and women in the workplace. Dorgan III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;Jul97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p118
Enumerates strategies for promoting positive gender relations in the workplace. Recognition that women employees made significant contributions to work; Avoidance of conflicts by understanding the communication differences between men and women.
- Business Success Moves Women Beyond Stereotypes. // Business Journal (Central New York);05/04/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p22
Editorial. Focuses on the success of women in business in New York. Effect on the women's roles; Changes in the definition of being a businesswoman; Movement into leadership in business.
- Forensic Psychiatry. Terrell, Howard B. // Forensic Examiner;Jul/Aug1998, Vol. 7 Issue 7/8, p34
The article discusses the forensic psychiatric aspect of sexual harassment and wrongful termination in the workplace. There are many ways wherein lawsuits for wrongful termination can arise, including insubordination, gross incompetence, theft, violence, dishonesty, and temporary employment. A...
- The Subordinate's Exposure of Organizational Vulnerability to the Superior: Sex and Organizational Effects. Young, Jerald W. // Academy of Management Journal;Mar1978, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p113
Sixty male and 60 female undergraduates evaluated eight randomly presented messages which were both important for organizational effectiveness and personally threatening to the subordinate. The following hypothesized effects were found both for organic, compared with mechanistic settings, and...
- NEGOTIATING MATERNITY LEAVE EXPECTATIONS. Meina Liu; Buzzanell, Patrice M. // Journal of Business Communication;Oct2004, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p323
Academic and popular materials designate maternity leave as a period of transition and role negotiation in which women and other organizational members, particularly their bosses, might interact differently from times in which there are no employment breaks. Because maternity leave is a socially...