Safety is locked in
- L&F introduces new Rapid slam locks. // Cabinet Maker;04/10/98, Issue 5083, p22
Focuses on locking mechanism maker Lowe & Fletcher's addition of slam locks to its range of System Rapid furniture products. Greater security for people who forget to lock drawers and cupboards; Standard finishes.
- Barrel heads shape up. // Cabinet Maker;06/05/98, Issue 5091, p24
Reports on Lowe & Fletcher's introduction of models with domed or convex barrel heads to its System Rapid wooden office furniture range. Features of the range of removable cylinder products.
- Moving without losing production. // Cabinet Maker;10/02/98, Issue 5108, p24
Reports that the British locking mechanism manufacturer Lowe & Fletcher has completed its relocation without interrupting scheduled production. Construction of a facility at Wednesbury, West Midlands; Grant from the Black Country Development Corp.; Job creation expected between 1998 and 2001.
- Sizing and life guidelines for drawer slides. // Machine Design;08/21/97, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p118
Focuses on sizing and life guidelines for drawer slides. Estimated amount of inches a standard drawer slides; Difficulty in determining drawer-slide life; Equation which provides one guideline for estimating the number of cycles the slide will tolerate.
- Foils today. Aitkenhead, Colin // Cabinet Maker;02/06/98, Issue 5074, p23
Focuses on the trends affecting the design of foils used in furniture in Great Britain. Trends affecting paper foils; Trends affecting laminates; Features of polyvinylchloride (PVC) foils. INSET: Smooth as silk..
- User friendly foam cutter. // Cabinet Maker;05/22/98, Issue 5089, p26
Features Peter Cook's Foam Cutter 3 with a redesigned blade guide connecting base and mounting plate. Price.
- Manufacturing news. // Cabinet Maker;05/22/98, Issue 5089, p27
Features Martin's Classic's iron hooks in armour bright and black finishes.
- 16th annual cabinet and case goods product review. // Wood & Wood Products;Feb97, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p61
Presents a list of cabinet and case goods products of the furniture industry. Products indexed by categories; Details given on drawer slides; Information provided on locks produced by Timberline Supply Limited and the Olympus Lock company; Description of specialty door systems by Wood...
- Looking to buy? Before you choose, decide. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Jun97, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p11
Editorial. Comments on the decision making process for the purchase of a machine in the wood and furniture industry. Considerations to take into account; Impact of available funds on the selection process; Questions concerning the maintainence and operation of the machinery.