The real thing
- Narrowing the Widebelt Sanding Gap. IWANSKI, JOHN // Wood & Wood Products;Mar99, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p65
Interviews furniture industry experts about the latest in widebelt sanding technologies in 1999. How can hardeners affect the finished product; Improvement in the way widebelts are designed and built; Details on the increasing use of veneer in the United States.
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;08/20/99, Issue 5151, p5
Provides advice on problems related to customer satisfaction over furniture deals. Appropriate action over returned furniture; Problems over discoloration of limed oak kitchens; Overcoming pigmentation on veneered surfaces.
- ONSITE Woodwork raises the bar. Roembke, Jackie // Wood Digest's Finishing;Dec2005, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the business plans of On Site Woodwork Corp. (OSW). OSW, an architectural woodwork firm, has made efforts to evolve with advancing technology. OSW specializes in tenant build-outs in commercial applications--primarily corporate headquarters and law firms--where designers...
- Leading light. Hare, Richard // Cabinet Maker;06/05/98, Issue 5091, p19
Discusses various impact of the consumer-driven switch from tropical to temperate hardwood veneers on veneer trade. Increase in the availability of quality synthetic laminates and foils; Trend toward the use of light colored sustainable grown species; Political problems arising from the shift;...
- Panel products, veneer. // Wood & Wood Products;Mar97 Red Book, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p95
Lists companies in the United States which produce panel products and products for the veneer industry. Information on these products.
- Roll Call for a Busy Site. Wardle, Penny // New Zealand Forest Industries;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p37
Recounts the companies behind the success of the Lamented Veneer Lumber (LVL) production line of Nelson Pine Industries in New Zealand. Details of big international firms contributing to the success of LVL; Contribution of the employees on the success of the project; Relationship between...
- A system of equations for prediction of plywood veneer... Lynch, Thomas B.; Clutter, Michael L. // Forest Products Journal;May98, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p80
Focuses on the development of system equations that predicts square foot veneer total yield and yield by grade for loblolly pine plywood bolts. Development of a total veneer yield model; System of equations for veneer yield prediction; Parameter estimation in the veneer yield model.
- Chameleon-Like Purpleheart Lends Dramatic Color to Diverse Uses. Kaiser, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;Oct2002, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p33
Features the tropical American tree called purpleheart for its chameleon-like wood quality. Changes in the color of the wood; Popularity of the timber to veneer customers; Species commercially used.
- Veneer Seminar Emphasizes Quality & Profitability. // Wood & Wood Products;Feb2003, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p13
Announces the holding of 'Quality and Profit Improvements for Wood Veneering Operations,' a seminar co-sponsored by 'Wood and Wood Products' magazine and Purdue University of West Lafayette, Indiana. Date; Venue; Highlights; Table top exhibits.