Be prepared: Do not let flooding sink your business
- When it rains, it pays. Paige, Sean; Howd, Aimee // Insight on the News;07/27/98, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p44
Presents information on the National Flood Insurance Program in the United States. Views that the government's flood insurance policy repeatedly rewards people who live in flood prone areas.
- Holding Back the Water. Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;2/16/2004, Vol. 72 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the plan to hold back floodwater in Venice, Italy. INSETS: GeoSKILL;What's that word?.
- Limiting the impact of future floods. Kitch, Harry E. // USA Today Magazine;Jul94, Vol. 123 Issue 2590, p36
No abstract available.
- Feds float design standard. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/12/98, Vol. 240 Issue 2, p14
Reports that on January 15 to March 2, 1998, a federal government standard on flood-resistant buildings will be publicly aired. Development of standard to reduce federal disaster assistance; Indepth look at standard; Percentage of disaster relief funds that are for flood damage.
- WATER GATE. Saunders, Fenella // Discover;Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p28
Reports the creation of an automatic dam by Civil Engineer Johann van den Noort in the Netherlands. Materials of the industrial project; Description on the mechanism of a self-closing barrier; Adaption of the concept by Civil Engineer Sten-Magnus Kullberg of Geodesign in Sweden; Implication of...
- Job Done. // Horticulture Week;9/9/2011, p13
The article reports on the flood damage prevention scheme that was requested by the Hull City Council to be applied to Ainthorpe and Bricknell Primary Schools.
- Corrections. // U.S. News & World Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p13
Corrections to graphics accompanying the article "Turf Wars in the Delta" published in the February 27, 2006 issue, and to a caption for a photograph included in the article "Decades Later a Bill Comes Due" published in the February 27 issue are presented.
- More Rains Hit Flooded Pakistan, Islamists Help. // India -- West;8/13/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 38, pA40
The article reports on the evacuation on the Pakistanis living along rivers due to the flood crisis in Sukkur, Pakistan.
- Eye on Houston. Schere, Daniel // Baltimore Jewish Times;6/5/2015, Vol. 344 Issue 6, p15
The article informs that the local officials in Baltimore are prepared with their plan of action in the event of flood as occurred in Texas and Oklahoma recently.