Retailer says bus lanes closed his firm
- Correction. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Mar2008, Issue 801, p58
A correction to John Archer's obituary in the February 2008 issue is presented.
- John Stuart Archer 1943-2007. Simmons, John // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Feb2008, Issue 800, p54
The article presents an obituary for John Stuart Archer, former president of the Institution of Chemical Engineers.
- LIFE @ HOME. // Bay Windows;5/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p10
Features the home of gay John Archer in Danvers, Massachusetts. Description of the house's music room; Details on the eclectic design of the house's backyard.
- ARCHER, John. // Black Studies Primer;2008, p45
A brief profile of Liverpool, England-born John Richard Archer who became the first person to be elected to public office in Great Britain when he was elected to the Battersea Borough Council is presented.
- Ye olde guide to healthy living. Moore, Wendy // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/27/2008, Vol. 337 Issue 7672, p764
The author reflects on the work of John Archer, doctor to King Charles II of England. She comments on his sensible advice. She explains that Archer recommended fresh air, exercise and good food. Archer's health guidelines which advocate knowledge of temperament are mentioned. His recommendations...
- Stewart Report Stirs Little Public Debate. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p26
Deals with the release of the Great Britain government backed Stewart Report which looked into health risks of radio antennas and mobile phones. Recommendations of the report; Remarks from John Archer, a mobile phone retailer about the report; Level of interest shown by Parliamentary members on...
- Archer exits as Scottish Screen head. Dawtrey, Adam // Daily Variety;7/10/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 26, p8
Reports the controversy surrounding the resignation of John Archer as chief executive officer of the Scottish Screen in Scotland. Comment of Scottish Screen chairman James Lee on the resignation.
- Cold spring shows early turnout's big benefits. Macmillan, Shirley // Farmers Weekly;7/28/2006, Vol. 145 Issue 4, p46
The article focuses on the financial benefits of the delay of spring grass growth last winter to low-cost milk producers in Great Britain. The producers experienced shortage of silage last winter. Producer John Archer says that savings are achieved when cows go out to grass. It is said that...
- MANY THANKS TO OUR ADOPT-A-DENTISTS! // Oklahoma Dental Association Journal;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p15
The article lists the members of Oklahoma Dental Association (ODA) including John Archer, Martha Garzon and Mack Rudd, who volunteered their time for ODA Adopt-A-Dentist school program in 2013.