Install landing gear in a foam wing
- More on slotted flap design. Lennon, Andy // Model Airplane News;Aug97, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p76
Presents information on the construction of slotted flaps for model airplanes. Reference to the swift design used for slotted flaps; Discussion on the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics' development of aerodynamic research for designers; Illustrative designs on the design and...
- The unflappable Mothra. // Popular Mechanics;Sep95, Vol. 172 Issue 9, p30
Describes the Mothra remote-control model airplane. Use of piezoelectric ceramic material that enables airplane to demonstrate flight control without flaps; Application of principle to ailerons.
- ON THE WEB: ModelAirplaneNews.com. // Model Airplane News;Apr2012, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p8
The article offers online news related to model airplanes in the U.S. including "The Radio Control Show," a four-part video series on soldering like a professional, and strong, straight panels on foam-core wings.
- Mount wings using differential screws. Ehrenfels, Al // Model Airplane News;Aug98, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p66
Presents information on the methodology used to mount the wings on model airplanes. Methodology used in mounting the wings; Examination of the materials used.
- TAPING UP A SOLID WING JOINT. Miller, Chris // Model Airplane News;Apr2012, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p18
The article presents suggestions on how to join two wing halves with epoxy by using electrical tapes in a model airplane.
- Going All-Out With a Classic Balsa B-17-F Part 3. BENJAMIN, BOB // Fly RC;Jan2015, Issue 134, p88
The article offers step-by-step instructions for assembling the wing of a Balsa B-17-F remote control model airplane which involves locking the W-2 wing panels at the rear spar joint using Deluxe Materials Roket Hot glue, gluing the each rib to the lower rear spar, and covering the upper and...
- Fix a Broken Wing. YARRISH, GERRY // Model Airplane News;May2010, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p88
The article offers step-by-step instructions for repairing the broken wing of an aircraft model.
- Autogyros. Bell, Rick // Model Airplane News;Jan2005, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p202
Features Hal deBolt's GyroPlane Pylon model airplane in the United States. Challenges of rotary-wing flight; Construction of the autogyro plane; Fuselage of the model airplane.
- ULTRAFLY SUKHOI SU027. Bell, Rick // Backyard Flyer;Sep2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p36
Provides information on the Sukhoi Su-27 radio controlled model airplane from Ultrafly. Specifications and design; Flight stability; Pilot recommendations. INSET: SUKHOI SU-27: THE LEGENDARY FLANKER.