Install landing gear in a foam wing
- More on slotted flap design. Lennon, Andy // Model Airplane News;Aug97, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p76
Presents information on the construction of slotted flaps for model airplanes. Reference to the swift design used for slotted flaps; Discussion on the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics' development of aerodynamic research for designers; Illustrative designs on the design and...
- Inlay balsa sheeting. Randolph, Randy // Model Airplane News;Jan98, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p78
Focuses on five ways in which to clean model airplane wings, with the use of inlay balsa sheeting.
- DON'T TRASH THAT CRASH! Reid, John // Backyard Flyer;Jul2009, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p22
The article offers step-by-step instructions for repairing the wing of a damaged radio controlled airplane.
- Control linkages. McConville, Mike // Model Airplane News;Sep96, Vol. 124 Issue 9, p36
Provides tips on how to connect ailerons and flaps of airplane models to single servo via bellcranks or to dual servos mounted outboard in the wing. Bellcrank and servo-arm orientation; Aileron differential.
- Flying wires and wing assembly. Underwood, Bob // Model Airplane News;Sep96, Vol. 124 Issue 9, p82
Provides tips on flying wires and wing assembly in airplane models. Composition of flying wires; Aluminum tube as window dressing shaped around the wire; Adjustment of flying wires at wing-root ends.
- Set proper wing incidence. Sandquist, Jim // Model Airplane News;Oct96, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p62
Presents instructions on how to set the proper wing incidence for airplane models. Wing incidence's definition; Tools for measuring wing incidence; Thrust line establishment; Checking horizontal stabilizer's incidence.
- Adjusting camber for flight. Lachowski, Mike // Model Airplane News;May97, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p36
Discusses the adjustment of model airplanes' wing camber. Camber switches; Instances for using camber; Occasional importance of less camber in models; Author's fondness for sport hand-launch gliders.
- Strong, light wings. Wilson Jr., George // Model Airplane News;May97, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p84
Addresses the construction of sport and trainer wings for model airplanes. Strength concerns in wing design; Weight considerations; Construction techniques.
- Make built-up truss ribs. Mears, Graeme // Model Airplane News;Nov97, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p86
Presents information on making built up truss ribs. Details on how to make the ribs; Information on what equipment to use; Presentation of a step by step procedure.