Picoteslas, SQUIDS, and "personal magnetism'
Tags: HUMAN body
- Your body. Rigotti, Nancy // Cosmopolitan;Feb96, Vol. 220 Issue 2, p40
Presents a question and answer column as it relates to the human body. Questions asked; Answers given.
- Mental rotation and the automatic updating of body-centered spatial relationships. Farrell, Martin J.; Robertson, Ian H. // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Learning, Memory & Cognition;Jan1998, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p227
Presents information on experiments on updating of body-centered spatial relationships. Methodology of the experiments; Results of the experiments; Discussion on the experiments.
- Baby fat? Gordon, Maryellen // Harper's Bazaar;Nov95, Issue 3408, p76
Focuses on the reasons why some women shed off excess pounds post-pregnancy. Genetic determination; Effects of activity levels pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy to post-pregnancy figure; Dietary intake.
- Out with the old, in with the new. Cotton, Jacqueline S.; Mitter, Kathryn // Humpty Dumpty's Magazine;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p18
Explains how certain parts of the body are continually being replaced with new ones. Includes teeth; Hair; Skin.
- The human body. Goldman, Bob // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jul95, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p160
Features information about the human body. Study of Jerusalem-based Hebrew University showing that male skin maintains more of its elasticity over time than female skin; Massachusetts Male Aging Study that shows possible link between male sexual potency and levels of high-density lipoproteins.
- The world made flesh. Baird, Vanessa // New Internationalist;Apr98, Issue 300, p7
Examines the bodies of human beings. Reference to texts which dwell on what bodies need; Information on inequalities of human bodies; Information on body prejudice.
- Facts: The body. // New Internationalist;Apr98, Issue 300, p18
Presents information on the human body. Identification of 24 elements in the body; Generational changes in bodies; Information on diseases which cause death.
- Body language. Rush, Martin // Shape;Jan95, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p84
Discusses the physiological explanations to some body signals. Goose bumps; Dry mouth; Runny nose; Yawn; Blush.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Jul96, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p335
Presents an abstract of the article, `Upper and Lower Trunk Translations Associated With Stepping,' by J. Crosbie, B. Durward et al, reprinted from the journal, `Gait Posture,' 1996:4.
- Body's sound check. Pope, Gregory T. // Popular Mechanics;Dec95, Vol. 172 Issue 12, p18
Presents information on how to check for deterioration in the human body structure. Purpose of body check; Andrew Dimarogonas's technique.