Strategic elements for environmental justice
- HHS Awards Grants to Promote Abstinence Education for Teenagers. Neff, Matthew // American Family Physician;Aug2002, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p364
Focuses on the abstinence education grants that will be given by the U.S. Health and Human Services to assist communities in the creation and implementation of abstinence-only education and related programs for young people 12 to 18 years of age. Allocation of the grants.
- (HEALTH) HHS Provides Grants to Tech-Focused Nursing Faculty Development. // Children & Youth Funding Report;1/22/2010, p16
The article reports on the grants offered by the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) under its program "Faculty Development: Integrated Technology into Nursing Education & Practice Initiative" which supports nursing schools through healthcare information systems and other technologies.
- (EDUCATION) HHS Provides Funding for Head Start Efforts. // Children & Youth Funding Report;4/1/2011, p7
The article presents information on the U.S. Health & Human Services Department 's Head Start Graduate Student Research program. It is stated that direct support for advanced graduate students is provided under the program. It is mentioned that mentor-student relationships that provide project...
- Healthy spending. Conn, Joseph; McKinney, Maureen // Modern Healthcare;4/12/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p12
The article announces the 411 million U.S. dollars awarded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for health information technology (IT) intended to ease the journey for primary-care providers, encourage research for advances in the long term, and advance the effort to train...
- FUNDING/CONSTRUCTION. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p24
The article reports that the Comprehensive Health Education Foundation has obtained funds for the upcoming implementation of the "Washington Public Housing Tobacco Prevention Network" from the Department of Health in Washington.
- Revised Ruling Eases Way for Coordination of Welfare Funds. Cohen, Deborah L. // Education Week;1/16/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p22
The article reports that an interpretation of a welfare-reform law provision has been revised by the U.S. Health and Human Services Department. According to the officials of state welfare and education department, the law was obstructing interagency coordination in giving education and training...
- Keeping Substance Abuse Private in HIEs. // Health Data Management;Aug2010, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p20
The article reports on U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) Frequently Asked Questions document which explains the application of substance abuse confidentiality regulations to health information exchanges.
- International Workshop on Alternatives to the Murine Histamine Sensitization Test (HIST) for Acellular Pertussis Vaccines: State of the Science and the Path Forward. Bucher, John R. // Federal Register;8/29/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 168, p52333
The article offers information about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' workshop to be held in Bethesda, Maryland from November 28-29, 2012.
- New Exercise Guidelines For Better Health. // Bay Windows;11/6/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 47, Specail section p3
The article explains the health guidelines from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.