The integumentary system: anatomy, physiology and function of skin
- Electron Microscopic Features in Generalized Pustular Psoriasis. Heng, Madalene C. Y.; Heng, Julia A.; Allen, Suni G. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Aug87, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p187
Basal keratinocyte herniations (BKH) have been used as markers of psoriatic activity. Abnormal multipolypoid forms herniating through large gaps in the basal Iamina have been found to characterize biopsies from psoriatic patients with concomitant alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency, and appear to be a...
- Photochemotherapy and Psoriatic Arthritis. Perlman, Susan G.; Gerber, Lynn H.; Roberts, R. Michael; Nigra, Thomas P.; Barth, Werner F. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov79, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p717
Presents a study which examined the temporal relation between psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis in patients who receive photochemotherapy. Percentage of psoriasis and improvement in peripheral arthritis; Characteristics of patients with psoriatic arthritis; Results of laboratory tests.
- MDs Across Disciplines Unite. Bryant, Rebecca // Dermatology Times;Oct2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the debut meeting of international group in Group for Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAP-PS) is in the U.S. Schedule of the meeting; Purpose of the seminar; Overall theme of the meeting.
- Development of a preliminary composite disease activity index in psoriatic arthritis. // Advances in Psoriasis & Inflammatory Skin Diseases;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p141
The article reports that researchers have developed a preliminary composite disease activity index in psoriatic arthritis.
- Arthritis and psoriasis: Looking beneath the surface. Axtell, Beth; Dunkin, Mary Anne // Arthritis Today;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p9
Discusses studies on arthritis, psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Comparison between arthritis and psoriasis; Emotional and physical impacts of the diseases; Genetic susceptibility to psoriasis; Long-term methotrexate therapy for psoriatic arthritis; Role of female hormones in women with...
- Clinical Features of Psoriatic Arthritis in Korea. Yeong Wook Song; Hyo Jin Choi; Jai Il Youn // Current Rheumatology Reviews;2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p115
This study was undertaken to assess the prevalence of psoriatic arthritis (PsA) in Korean psoriasis patients and to evaluate its clinical features. The authors evaluated 504 patients with psoriasis who visited the dermatology clinic at Seoul National University Hospital. Fifty-three of these...
- Psoriatic Arthritis: Recognition and Management. Bruce, I.N.; Gladman, D.D. // BioDrugs;1998, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p271
Psoriatic arthritis is an inflammatory arthritis associated with psoriasis, which is usually negative for rheumatoid factor. The disease displays a wide spectrum of articular and periarticular features which may progress with time. Although psoriatic arthritis was thought to be a benign...
- Calcipotriol/betamethasone dipropionate overdose. // Reactions Weekly;6/19/2010, Issue 1306, p12
The article describes the case of a 27-year-old woman with psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis who developed adrenal insufficiency after taking calcipotriol/betamethasone diproprionate.
- Etanercept. // Reactions Weekly;11/29/2008, Issue 1230, p16
The article describes the case of a 61-year-old man with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis who developed digital vasculitis during treatment with etanercept. The man, who had been taking SC etanercept 50 milligrams (mg)/week for 5 years, presented with dyspnoea and purple discolouration in his...