Air Pollution on the Copperbelt Province of Zambia: Effects of Sulphur Dioxide on Vegetation and Humans
- Clean canyon. // New Scientist;8/17/91, Vol. 131 Issue 1782, p12
Comments on an out of court settlement agreed to by the Navajo Generating Station near the Grand Canyon, which will reduce sulphur dioxide emissions at the plant. Haze that covers that Grand Canyon; Air quality standards; More.
- Air quality assessment at Al-Taneem area in the Holy Makkah City, Saudi Arabia. Al-Jeelani, Hesham // Environmental Monitoring & Assessment;Sep2009, Vol. 156 Issue 1-4, p211
Air quality assessment of the emission from power plant and traffic at Al-Taneem area located at the northern part of the Holy City of Makkah, Saudi Arabia, is investigated. Concentration levels of different pollutants including nitrogen dioxide (NO2), sulfur dioxide (SO2), carbon monoxide (CO),...
- Study on reducing SO2 emissions of the tail gas from sulfur recovery unit. Jin Zhou // Chemical Engineering of Oil & Gas / Shi You Yu Tian Ran Qi Hua G;2012, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p473
From the process management, instrumentation management, process setting, catalysts configuration and other aspects, the existing problems of sulfur dioxide emissions of sulfur recovery unit are analyzed. Then the countermeasures are put forward to ensure that the emission concentration of...
- Sulphur gas emissions in the boreal forest: the West Whitecourt casestudy IV: air quality and the meteorological environment Legge, A. H.; Rhodes, E. C.; Lester, P. F. // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;Jan1986, Vol. 27 Issue 1/2, p85
No abstract available.
- THE DISTRIBUTION OVER TIME AND SPACE OF SULFUR DIOXIDE AND INFLUENCE ON ORGANIC FARMING. CASE STUDY: THE AREA OF SLATINA CITY. OPREA, Dana-Maria // Scientific Papers: Management, Economic Engineering in Agricultu;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p263
The article discusses issues of air quality in the area of Slatina city regarding the pollution index - sulfur dioxide, describing the main characteristics of the polluter, emission sources, and especially its evolution in time and space of the concentrations and the annual trend, correlated...
- Development and Application of a Multipollutant Model for Atmospheric Mercury Deposition. Vijayaraghavan, Krish; Seigneur, Christian; Karamchandani, Prakash; Shu-Yun Chen // Journal of Applied Meteorology & Climatology;Sep2007, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p1341
A multipollutant model, the Community Multiscale Air Quality model paired with the Model of Aerosol Dynamics, Reaction, Ionization, and Dissolution (CMAQ-MADRID), is extended to include a comprehensive treatment of mercury processes and is applied to the simulation of the atmospheric deposition...
- INFLUENCE OF AIRBORNE SULPHUR DIOXIDE ON TOTALS CONCENTRATIONS IN LINDEN AND PINE. Kalinovic, Tanja S.; Serbula, Snezana M.; Kalinovic, Jelena V.; Ilic, Ana A. // Journal of Trends in the Development of Machinery & Associated T;2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p113
Bor and the surroundings (Eastern Serbia) have a poor air quality, due to emissions from the mining-metallurgical complex for copper production. Considering the processing and smelting of sulphide ores, one of the dominant air pollutant is SO2, which causes acidification of waters and soil,...
- Ultrafine particle formation in the inland sea breeze airflow in Southwest Europe. Fernández-Camacho, R.; Rodríguez, S.; de la Rosa, J.; Sánchez de la Campa, A. M.; Viana, M.; Alastuey, A.; Querol, X. // Atmospheric Chemistry & Physics Discussions;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p17753
Studies on ultrafine particles and air quality have mostly focused on vehicle exhaust emissions and on new particle formation in "clean" ambient air. Here we present a study of the processes contributing to ultrafine particle concentrations in an urban coastal area (Huelva, SW Spain) where...
- FIRST RISE IN UK ACID RAIN FOR 40 YEARS. // Click Green Newsletter;12/16/2011, Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the 2.3 percent increase in the level of sulphur dioxide emissions between years 2009 and 2010 in Great Britain.