Collagen extraction from chicken feet for jelly production
- Pineapple, white chocolate, macadamia nut hamantashen. Jacobs, Meredith // Washington Jewish Week;3/1/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p30
A recipe for pineapple, white chocolate and macadamia nut hamantashen filling is presented.
- Baby cakes. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);3/17/2014, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p66
The article presents several recipes including apricot rose patty cakes, pineapple teacakes and mango, pistachio and white chocolate friands.
- Pineapple rings true for bioethanol. O'Driscoll, Cath // ICIS Chemical Business;5/15/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p33
The article reports on the effort of Florida-based Biomass Resources Corporation to produce ethanol by extracting the liquid from pineapple fruit and pineapple plant waste. The new process no longer requires the producer to choose between food or fuel uses as the end product. The company has...
- Tastes from the Past and Present. BLACHMAN, VICKI // Texas Gardener;May/Jun2013, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p30
The article presents several heirloom recipes including Lane's Basil-Pineapple Jelly, Citrons Confits, and Toasted Almond Soup.
- Hot-water solubility of mantle collagens in several cephalopod molluscs. Mizuta, Shoshi; Tanaka, Takahide; Yokoyama, Yoshihiro; Yoshinaka, Reiji // Fisheries Science;Sep2009, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p1337
The mantle muscles of five cephalopod species, Todarodes pacificus, Photololigo edulis, Sepioteuthis lessoniana, Sepia esculenta, and Sepia longipes, were extracted with 0.1 M NaOH to prepare crude collagen fiber, called â€˜residue after alkali extractionâ€™ (RS-AL). Solubility of the...
- REVIEW: GELATIN, SOURCE, EXTRACTION AND INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS. Mariod, Abdalbasit Adam; Adam, Hadia Fadol // Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Technologia Alimentaria;Apr-Jun2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p135
Gelatin is an important functional biopolymer widely used in foods to improve elasticity, consistency, and stability. It can be obtained not only from the skin and bones of land animals, but also from fish and insects. In recent years gelatins from fish and edible insects provide an alternative...
- Extraction of soluble collagen and its feasibility in the palaeodietary research. Wang, Ning; Hu, YaoWu; Hou, LiangLiang; Yang, RuiPing; Song, GuoDing; Wang, ChangSui // SCIENCE CHINA Earth Sciences;May2014, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1039
In current palaeodietary research, gelatinization is the main method to extract insoluble collagen (ISC) from ancient bones. However, the degradation products of ISC, i.e., soluble collagen (SC), is often neglected and abandoned. In this work, we try to separate the extracts of ancient bones...
- Mass Transfer in Relation to Rate Limiting Mechanism and Back mixing Phenomenon in Diffusion-Backmixing System of Pineapple Juice Extraction. Rittirut, Waigoon; Siripatana, Chairat // Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;Aug2013, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p41
Mass transfer relative to the rate limiting mechanism for pineapple juice extraction in the reversing continuous countercurrent extraction system was investigated based on a backmixingdiffusion model at steady-state condition. Three parameters namely operating temperature, Peclet number, and...
- Physico- chemical properties of pineapple variety N36 harvested and stored at different maturity stages. Nadzirah, K. Z.; Zainal, S.; Noriham, A.; Normah, I.; Siti Roha, A. M.; Nadya, H. // International Food Research Journal;2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p225
The aim of this study is to determine colour changes during storage and physico- chemical properties of peel, core and crown extracts of pineapple variety N36 for maturity indices of 1, 2 and 3. The L* (lightness), a* (redness) and b* (yellowness) values for peels increased significantly (p...