RBS launches ï¿½3bn Direct Line float
- Resolution's Biggs eyed by Direct Line. // Daily Mail;3/22/2012, p77
MIKE Biggs, a former finance chief at Aviva, has been lined up to chair the Direct Line Group - owner of the Direct Line and Churchill brands. Royal Bank of Scotland is preparing to float its insurance arm, targeting a ï¿½5bn price tag which would catapult it into the FTSE 100.
- A&O, Linklaters and Slaughters lead as RBS floats Direct Line. Freedman, Joshua // Lawyer (Online Edition);9/14/2012, p12
The article reports on the plan of the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) to float Direct Line Insurance PLC in one of the biggest initial public offering (IPO) of 2012 in Scotland. It states that Linklaters partner Dan Schuster-Woldan has taken the role for joint global co-ordinators Goldman Sachs &...
- Direct Line gets in shape for float. James Ashton // Evening Standard;9/3/2012, p39
DIRECT Line Insurance moved a step closer to a float today, when it said it expected future profitability to soar. Britain's largest motor insurer is being sold off by Royal Bank of Scotland, in a float that could value it at ï¿½3 billion, as a condition of RBS taking government rescue funds....
- Orphan banks. ALEX BRUMMER // Daily Mail;9/ 9/2014, p67
Orphan banks ONE bit of business that RBS chief executive Ross McEwan can do, without worrying about Scotland, is the disposal of its American arm Citizens that is to be floated off with a potential valuation of $14bn.
- HBOS: Alternative insurance. // MarketWatch: Automotive;December 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p11
Reports on esure and Direct Line founder Peter Wood's plan to launch another insurance start-up with the financial backing of HBOS. Wood's hope of carving out a niche market; Prospect of competition from specialist insurers, including RBS' Privilege; Plan to name the direct insurer First...
- Direct Line sale confirmed. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week (Online Edition);9/14/2012, p5
The article reports on the sale of Direct Line Group (DLG) by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) as a condition of accepting government aid in 2008.
- Direct Line has dialled up a surge in profits. // Daily Mail;5/ 4/2013, p93
DIRECT Line provided proof that there is life after RBS, as its profits surged by almost half.
- Direct Line Group. Brownsell, Alex // Marketing (00253650);2/15/2012, p8
The article reports that RBS Insurance will work to rebrand itself as the Direct Line Insurance Group.
- MediaCom wrests Â£12m Churchill Insurance business from Carat. . . // Marketing Week;1/8/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p10
Reports that Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)-owned Churchill Insurance has moved its media buying and planning business from Carat to MediaCom. Restructuring initiated by RBS; Placement of both Direct Line and Churchill Insurance under RBS Insurance.
- Taking fright. ALEX BRUMMER // Daily Mail;9/4/2012, p65
FOUR years have passed since the cash machines at Royal Bank of Scotland, owners of NatWest, came close to freezing over in the aftermath of the Lehman collapse and the Bank of England launched a covert rescue by pumping ï¿½61.1bn into RBS and HBOS.