Spirit of curiosity
- Lyndon Schneiders. Wong, Andrew // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Apr-Jun2007, Issue 104, p77
The article profiles Lyndon Schneiders, winner of the 2006 "Wild" Environmentalist of the Year Award. He has worked for The Wilderness Society (TWS) since 1993. His current position is Queensland Campaign Manager and he has led or been central to an impressive number of important conservation...
- 2011 National Wetlands Awards. // National Wetlands Newsletter;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p4
The article offers information on the 2011 National Wetlands Awards. It says that the award on conservation and restoration is given to individuals who conserved wetland resources. It tells that landowner stewardship award is presented to private landowners who protect wetlands from agricultural...
- So much to celebrate. Goldrick, Chrissi // Australian Geographic;Nov/Dec2014, Issue 123, p13
The article announces several awards including the Lifetime of Conservation award to environmentalist Tim Flannery, the Young Conservationist of the Year award to actress Bindi Irwin, and the 2014 Spirit of Adventure Award to soldier Seamus Donaghue.
- And the winners are... // Australian Geographic;Nov/Dec2014, Issue 123, p116
The article announces several awards including the Lifetime of Adventure award to innovator Hans Tholstrup, the Conservationist of the Year award to environmentalist Anna Rose and the Lifetime of Conservation award to mammalogist Tim Flannery.
- NEHA seeks nominations for 1997 Walter S. Mangold Award. // Journal of Environmental Health;Sep1996, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the search for nominations to the 1997 Walter S. Mangold Award given by the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) to an environmentalist. Nominations deadline; Achievements of Walter Mangold after whom award was named.
- Clean Water Task Force and others tapped for environmental excellence. // South Carolina Business Journal;Apr97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the recognition of the organizations promoting environmental excellence by the South Carolina General Assembly with the creation of the 1996 S.C. Environmental Awareness Award. Organizations awarded; Appeal of the awarding committee to South Carolinians during the recognition...
- MNR JUNIOR CONSERVATION AWARD. Thompson, Bill // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2002, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p10
Highlights the Ministry of Natural Resources Junior Conservation Awards in Ontario. Recognition received by Sarah and Laura Stevenson; Involvement of the awardee on a number of conservation projects; Presentation of awards at the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters conference.
- Heroes Honored. TIBERIO, TOM // Field & Stream;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p39
The article announces that Gale Dupree has received the 2010 Conservation Hero of the Year Award from the periodical "Field & Stream."
- FEDERATOR HONORED: Williams Receives Top Scout Award. Elwell, Leah // Flyfisher;Spring/Summer2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p11
The article offers information on Rick Williams of Eagle, Idaho who won the Top Scout Award and was honored with a Hornaday Gold Badge and a conservation award from the Boy Scouts of America Ore-Ida Council.