PREVALENCIA DEL VIRUS DE LA DIARREA VIRAL BOVINA Y DE ANIMALES PORTADORES DEL VIRUS EN BOVINOS EN LA PROVINCIA DE ESPINAR, CUSCO
- BVDV and BHV-1 Infections in Dairy Herds in Northern and Northeastern Thailand. Kampa, J.; St�hl, K.; Moreno-L�pez, J.; Chanlun, A.; Aiumlamai, S.; Alenius, S. // Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica;2004, Vol. 45, p181
Bulk milk samples from 220 dairy herds were collected at 9 public milk collection centres in the northeastern and northern Thailand, and a subset of 11 herds was selected for individual testing. The samples were tested for presence of antibodies to BVDV and BHV-1 using an indirect ELISA. The...
- Prevalence of antibodies to bovine viral diarrhoea virus in bulk tank milk and associated risk factors in Scottish dairy herds. Humphry, R. W.; Brülisauer, F.; McKendrick, I. J.; Nettleton, P. F.; Gunn, G. J. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;11/3/2012, Vol. 171 Issue 18, preceding p445
Bulk tank milk samples were collected from 374 dairy farms in Scotland in 2007/2008 along with questionnaire data relating to the management of the farm. Milk samples were tested for antibodies to bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) using a commercially available (Svanova) kit and percentage...
- Natural in utero infection of neonatal calves with bovine viral diarrhoea virus on a large dairy farm in Saudi Arabia. Abuelzein, Eltayb M.; Al-Khaliyfa, Mofeed A.; Gameel, Ahmed A. // Onderstepoort Journal of Veterinary Research;2011, Vol. 78 Issue 1, Special section p1
The dairy industry is a large and important business in Saudi Arabia. Although farms are administered to high international standards, some reproduction problems, of uncertain aetiology, are encountered. The most frequently seen are conception failures, abortions, stillbirths and the birth of...
- Safety and efficacy of an E2 glycoprotein subunit vaccine produced in mammalian cells to prevent experimental infection with bovine viral diarrhoea virus in cattle. Pecora, Andrea; Aguirreburualde, María; Aguirreburualde, Alejandra; Leunda, Maria; Odeon, Anselmo; Chiavenna, Sebastián; Bochoeyer, Diego; Spitteler, Marcelo; Filippi, Jorge; Dus Santos, Maria; Levy, Susana; Wigdorovitz, Andrés // Veterinary Research Communications;Sep2012, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p157
Bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) infection caused by bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), a Pestivirus of the Flaviviridae family, is an important cause of morbidity, mortality and economical losses in cattle worldwide. E2 protein is the major glycoprotein of BVDV envelope and the main target for...
- Evaluation of a vaccine against virulent bovine viral diarrhoea virus type 2 in calves. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;8/12/2006, Vol. 159 Issue 7, p196
An abstract of the article "Evaluation of protection against virulent bovine viral diarrhea virus type 2 in calves that had maternal antibodies and were vaccinated with a modified-live vaccine," by A. D. Zimmerman, R. E. Boots, J. L. Valli, and C. C. L. Chase is presented
- Transmission of BVDV via semen from transiently infected bulls. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;1/19/2008, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p69
An abstract of the article "Transmission of BVDV via semen from transiently infected bulls," by Ulla Rikula and colleagues, is presented.
- ABSTRACT. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;8/11/2007, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p201
An abstract of the article about neospora caninum and bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) infections in feedlot calves is presented.
- BVD Eradication Programme 2013 is 'progressing nicely'. // Veterinary Ireland Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p166
The article reports that the programme to eradicate the bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) virus in Ireland is progressing with farms engaging the BVD scheme, which will help in testing the national calf herd.
- Cow operations play key role in eliminating BVD. FEARS, ROBERT // Carolina Virginia Farmer;Nov2012, Vol. 30 Issue 11, pBP10
The article presents information on the occurrence and preventive measures of bovine viral diarrhea which is caused by a group of viruses.