AUSSIE DMT BAN
- Australian TGA updates safety info for varenicline. // Reactions Weekly;8/7/2010, Issue 1313, p6
The article reports on an update issued by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) on the safety of varenicline (Champix), including its associated psychiatric side effects.
- Australian TGA warns of exenatide-induced pancreatitis. // Reactions Weekly;6/5/2010, Issue 1304, p2
The article deals with the public advisory issued by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) in June 2010 regarding exenatide-induced pancreatitis.
- Combination antihypertensive approved. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Apr2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1091, p52
The article offers information on the approval of the fixed-dose combination therapy, Twynsta, by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) in Australia.
- TGA advises of dosing change for citalopram. // Reactions Weekly;11/12/2011, Issue 1377, p3
The article reports on the recommendation by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) that citalopram no longer be administered at dosages of less than 40 milligrams (mg)/day.
- System for Australian Recall Actions. // Australian Prescriber;Jun2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p95
The article offers information that the System for Australian Recall Actions (SARA), a website including a database of recall actions for therapeutic goods, has been launched by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), a regulatory agency of Australia for medical drugs and devices.
- Changes to cough and cold medicines for use in children. // Australian Prescriber;Jun2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p95
The article focuses on an advisory related to non-usage of cough medicines for children below six years of age and also informs about a change made to the database of Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), Australia's regulatory body for medical drugs, regarding the brain disease Leukodystrophy.
- Australia's TGA and NZ's Medsafe to merge. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;6/25/2011, Issue 631, p9
The article discusses the merging of Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and New Zealand's Medsafe into a joint scheme to be named the Australia New Zealand Therapeutic Products Agency (ANZTPA) to regulate therapeutic goods and provide health benefits for consumers, reduce...
- Australian TGA updates Pneumovax 23 advice. // Reactions Weekly;1/14/2012, Issue 1384, p2
The article reports that the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), following the completion of a review of the Pneumorax 23 vaccine, has stated that a revaccination can be undertaken in accordance with the approved Product Information.
- IVD Australia sees new regs as more expensive than forecast. // Medical Device Daily;3/31/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 61, p1
This article announces the plan of Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) to start transitioning its regulatory structure for in vitro diagnostics in July 2010.