- Recycling facility of the month: Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc. on the frontier in K.C. Woods, Randy; McCreery, Patrick // Waste Age;Sep1995, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p89
No abstract available.
- NYC mayor delays recycling collection. // Waste News;08/31/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p23
Reports that New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani vowed in June, 1998, to impound funds for a recycling collection project that was set to begin in September, 1998. Outline of the recycling collection program in New York.
- NYC officials OK recycling. Fleming, Megan // Waste News;11/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the New York City Council's passage of a bill mandating weekly recycling pickups for the city's sanitation districts. Problems in the program's funding; Pilot recycling program implemented in the city.
- Containing collection costs. Block, Dave // BioCycle;Dec97, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p75
States that Olympia, Washington has increase efficiency by decreasing collection frequency of garbage while adding materials to curbside recycling. Garbage collection fees paid by residents; Problems faced by garbage and recycling services; Expansion of recycling opportunities.
- CART-BASED COLLECTION OPTIONS. Satkofsky, Amy // BioCycle;Jul2002, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p55
Provides information on the cart-based collection of recyclables and mixed organics in California. Capacity of carts used in waste collection; Impact on resident participation and recycling levels; Features of the organics collection program in San Francisco, California.
- New Mexico town tries automated pickup. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;06/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p22
Reports on Santa Fe, New Mexico's plan to conduct a yearlong pilot program using automated equipment to collect residential trash. Proposal for a city-wide pay-as-you-throw billing system for trash collection; Curbside recycling program.
- D.C. officials hope for better times. Duff, Susanna // Waste News;08/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p5
Reports on the setbacks suffered by the District of Columbia's trash collection and recycling department during the first half of 2000. Delay in the approval of the city's budget; Resignation of public works director Vanessa Dale Burns; Analysis of transfer station zoning problems.
- Md. county attempts recycling boost. Konkoly, Jim // Waste News;08/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the decision of Anne Arundel County, Maryland, to keep its twice-per-week garbage collection and try other methods to boost recycling. Revamp of the county's curbside recycling program to make it simpler and more user-friendly; Amount of refuse delivered to the county landfill every...
- Trash hike targets recycling scofflaws. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;02/05/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p12
Reports the increase in garbage pickup rates in Santa Clara, California. Efforts of the city officials to promote recycling activities among residents; Details on the curbside recycling program of the city; Use of automated carts to allow refined sorting of materials.