- Transfer station rehab. Carn, Robert // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p56
Features the rehabilitation in Portland, Oregon of an existing transfer station to improve the recovery of recyclable materials and overall transfer operations. Profile of the Metro South operations; Refuse processed; Compactors; Waste sources and percentages; Service area; Local tipping fees.
- Saudi recycling. // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p41
Reports that the Saudi Arabian government has started feasibility studies for solid waste and plastics recycling complexes in Jeddah and Riyadh that will cost a combined $138 million. Details of each project.
- Economies of scale. // Rail Business Intelligence;8/4/2011, Issue 395, p2
The article presents information on a report according to which the recycling centre at Whitemoor is the main step of an efforts to reduce the cost of Great Britain's railways and make the industry more sustainable.
- Pa. city considers expansion. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;07/27/98, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p9
Reports that despite an objection from a councilor to fund the expansion of one of its recycling dropoff centers, the Bethlehem City Council's Finance Committee, approved a measure. Value of the measure; Expansion of the Illick's Mill recycling center; Aim of the expansion process; Costs of the...
- Fla. city tries to move site of proposed MRF. Halal, Ann Marie // Waste News;8/5/96, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p5
Reports that an ad hoc committee is looking at alternative sites for a material recovery facility proposed by the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County, Florida. Controversy surrounding the plant proposed by Delray Beach city; Authority's reasons for wanting to build the facility; Concerns...
- Homegrown. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;8/5/96, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the growth of Summerland Citizens Association's dropoff recycling program in California. Jeff O'Neil as the association president; Expansion of the recycling center; Problems besetting the center and association.
- Change works for Mass. facility. Halal, Ann Marie // Waste News;8/5/96, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the demolition of the 145-foot brick chimney on Wellesley, Massachusetts' recycling and disposal plant on July 18, 1996. Background on the plant's operations; Features of the improvement work on the plant; Completion date of the project.
- Recycling on the fire line. // BioCycle;Nov95, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p6
Features the recycling program at the Sag Corridor/Thunder Bay fire camp in Minnesota. Summer 1995 fire along the Minnesota/Ontario border; Facilities and programs offered in the camp; Waste separation techniques; Ken Talley as base camp manager.
- Operators' exchange. // BioCycle;Apr96, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p74
Presents advice from recycling program managers on operating composting facilities in the United States. Features of the scheme at Enviro-Comp Services Inc.; Features of the processing operations at Crockett Composting; Importance of end product particle size and minimum contamination at the...