- Behind the veil of 'private property'. Boyle, Peter // Green Left Weekly;2/22/2012, Issue 911, p3
The author discusses an issue with regards to an idea of nationalising the mining, banking, car, and aluminum industries in Australia.
- Change of control and the success of China's share-issue privatization. ROUSSEAU, Peter L.; XIAO, Sheng // China Economic Review (1043951X);Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p605
Abstract: Using two newly available datasets of exchange-listed firms in China covering the period from 1994 to 2003, we test if share-issue privatization, defined here as a change of corporate control from the State to private owners rather than the IPO event used in earlier studies, improved...
- China's Next Decade of Reform--The Hard Choices to be Made. DeWoskin, Kenneth J. // Orange County Business Journal;8/25/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p17
Focuses on the critical areas of reform in China. Balance between the economic growth and regulatory practices; Reduction in the state ownership of assets; Approach towards fair competition and fair compliance with commercial law.
- Effects of public ownership over firms' size and overstaffing problems. Nombela, Gustavo // Public Choice;Jul2001, Vol. 108 Issue 1/2, p1
Presents a study which proposed a model to analyze the impact of ownership over the problem of excess of employment generally found in public firms. Description of the model; Solution of the model under alternative ownership structures; Numerical simulations of the model.
- THE UNITED KINGDOM: LEVIATHAN AND THE QUANGOS. Bonavia, Michael R. // Business Horizons;Dec78, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p45
Focuses on the existence of economic Leviathans in Great Britain. Factors contributing to the nationalization of business; Definition of quangos; Effects of industry nationalization on the decision-making power of the government.
- Socialism Then -- And Now! // Against the Current;May/Jun2009, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss an article on the debate regarding nationalization by Jack Rasmus, the fight for social rights under capitalism by Ellen Meiksins Wood, and the lessons to be learned in the Russian Revolution by Sarah Badcock.
- From Animals to Airplanes: Privatization in Mongolia. // Foreign Affairs;May/Jun2005, Vol. 84 Issue 3, Following p62
Mongolia's evolution from singly party rule towards an open market has been largely driven by an ambitious program of privatization. How the privatization program is not just about raising capital.
- Can nationalisation work? // Green Left Weekly;5/1/2013, Issue 963, Special section p4
The article reflects on the impact of implementing public ownerships in private sector across the globe and mentions the implementation of nationalisation in Australia under Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's government along with nationalisation in Latin American countries such as Bolivia and Venezuela.
- For genuine democracy! // Green Left Weekly;5/1/2013, Issue 963, Special section p4
The article focuses on the need to implement real democracy in Australia under which the country must be governed by the government instead of corporates that are currently running the country and suggests social change in the country by nationalising the mining, banking and energy industries.