- Sanitary landfill operation // Waste Age;Sep1981, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p60
No abstract available.
- Audits: they provide answers Glebs, Robert // Waste Age;Apr1986, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p152
No abstract available.
- Landfill gas project in N.C. serving as blue print. Johnson, Jim // Waste & Recycling News;5/27/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p0012
The article reports that according to Jason Hoyle, research analyst with the Appalachian State University Energy Center, Watauga County, North Carolina has a small landfill energy system that now serves as a blueprint for other landfill gas projects in North Carolina. Speaking at the Landfill...
- DOLLARS AND CENTS. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/23/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p0013
The article offers information on the costs and benefits from remodeling homes and commercial establishments in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Use of lighter backfill materials for delaying dent repair. Rafi, Abu Nairn Md; Dewanbabee, Halima; Das, Sreekanta // Journal of Pipeline Engineering;Mar2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p29
ROCK DENTS ARE common defects found in onshore buried pipelines. The pipeline operator becomes concerned if such dents are diagnosed in its pipelines since dents pose a threat to the structural integrity and safety of the pipeline. Current pipeline standards and codes provide dent-assessment...
- Going Native. DANIELS, CORRINE // MSW Management;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p75
The article presents information on the use of grasses and wildflowers as a landfill cover in the U.S. It informs that the usage of these materials is more cost-effective than using conventional vegetation strategies and provides benefits that go a long way in gaining public acceptance. It...
- Less trash, more cash. Shaw, Katie // Green Futures;Oct2010, Issue 78, p10
The article reports on the findings of NetRegs, an environmental regulation advisor in Great Britain, concerning the four to five percent of savings that businesses can achieve if landfill costs will be avoided.
- The Impact of ADC. Duffy, Daniel P. // MSW Management;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p32
The article discusses the impact of alternate daily cover (ADC) in refuse and refuse disposal in the U.S. It stresses that the use of ADC maximizes landfill profits by minimizing airspace utilization rates. It tackles the regulatory requirements of utilizing ADC. It offers cover material...
- Make your home smarter and more efficient this winter. // Wentzville Journal;11/21/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 47, pD1
The article features home automation technologies to help run homes in a smarter and more cost-effective manner during the winter.