- Recycling economics: learning the basics Morris, Jim // World Wastes;May1994, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p46
No abstract available.
- How to figure curbside's cost Stevens, Barbara J. // Waste Age;Feb1989, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p52
No abstract available.
- Laboratory Evaluation of Recycled Pavement Materials Stabilized with Nano Polymer. Mhlongo, S. M.; Ndambuki, J. M.; Kupolati, W. K.; Abiola, O. S. // Annual International Conference on Architecture & Civil Engineer;2014, p86
The paper dealt with the laboratory evaluation of the recycled pavement materials stabilized with SoilTech Mk 111 Nano polymer, which uses water as a carrier to lubricate the fine particles at molecular level that gets interlocked under mechanical compaction. Sampling was carried out in line...
- MOTIVATORS AND BARRIERS TO BEHAVIOURAL CHANGE IN RECYCLING PARTICIPATION IN INNER-CITY LONDON. Thomas, C.; Yoxon, M.; Slater, R.; Leaman, J. // Waste: The Social Context (2005);2005, p745
Key to improving recycling performance in the UK is the need to more effectively engage the public and improve levels of participation. The research described in this paper combines quantitative and qualitative analysis to explore attitudinal and behavioural responses in relation to...
- Effects of Norms and Opportunity Cost of Time on Household Recycling. Halvorsen, Bente // Land Economics;Aug2008, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p501
Social and moral norms and the opportunity, cost of time will affect household recycling efforts. A model is developed to describe how norms affect the recycling decision through feelings of self-respect, guilty conscience, and warm-glow, as well as respect in, and sanctions from, the community....
- REPORTING LIVE. Zaghloul, Sameh; Holland, T. Joseph // Roads & Bridges;May2007, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p50
The article discusses the field performance study of recycled asphalt pavements (RAP) by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and Stantec Consulting. The study intends to provide an accurate life-cycle cost analysis of RAP. Specifically, it investigated the performance of RAP...
- Economic Assessment of Mechanical-Biological Treatment Facilities. Tsilemou, Konstantinia; Panagiotakopoulos, Demetrios // Environmental Research, Engineering & Management;2007, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p55
The objective of this paper is to generate approximate cost functions for Mechanical-Biological Treatment (MBT) facilities, considering a combination of Material Recovery Facility (MRF) and Composting Facilities (CF). Detailed designs are developed (simulated) for these facilities. Various...
- More exhibitors land at NRC. Lafferty, Brennan; Truini, Joe // Waste News;09/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p22
Reports on the National Recycling Coalition's 2000 conference in Charlotte, North Carolina. Participants; Event highlights.
- Coalition honors 13 recyclers. // Waste News;09/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p23
Lists recipients of honors during the National Recycling Coalition's 2000 convention in Charlotte, North Carolina. Award categories.