- Continuous emissions monitoring: a primer Kiser, Jonathan V. L. // Waste Age;May1988, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p64
No abstract available.
- Pollutants say "uncle' at commerce plant Salimando, Joe // Waste Age;May1988, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p77
No abstract available.
- Oxfordshire's waste turned into energy. // Utility Week;5/1/2015, p22
The article reports that Viridor's 26 megawatt energy-from-waste facility will be taking care of non-hazardous waste that were formerly dumped in its Ardley landfill in the last 35 years.
- Santa Clara, Ameresco Unveil New Waste-to-Energy Project. // Solid Waste Report;12/1/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on a waste-to-energy project that will provide electricity to Silicon Valley Power, the municipal electric utility for the City of Santa Clara in California.
- MIXTURE OF WOODS BUILDS STEAM. // Professional Engineering;11/21/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p8
The article offers information on the type of fuel used in operating the biomass plant in Wilton, England. Accordingly, the fuel used by the plant is a mixture of energy crops, sawmill chips, forestry logs and recycled woods that are mixed in specific proportions before it is loaded in the bed...
- Dynamic duo. Rocco, Vincent A. // Electric Perspectives;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p31
Discusses the prospects that a partnership between American environmental service and electric utility companies can create for Central European countries' electric development efforts. Globalization of services industries through mergers and acquisitions; International competition for...
- Co-incineration plant. Stranks, Jeremy // A-Z of the Environment;2008, p76
Information about the functions of co-incineration plant is presented. It notes that co-incineration plant is a stationary or mobile plant that uses waste as a regular or additional fuel to generate energy or production of material products. Contrarily, the plant also deals thermal treatment of...
- ENERGY RECOVERY OF SOLID WASTE FROM LEATHER PROCESSING. Coara, Gheorghe; Albu, Luminita; Florescu, Margareta Stela; Mocanu, Raluca; Lazaroiu, Gheorghe // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2016, Vol. 1, p325
Sustainability and durability of leather production is based on three key factors: raw material, process efficiency, and pollution prevention and control. Leather is a renewable resource with the ability to reproduce by means of biological processes. The tannery, the unit where leather is...
- Energy Sources Hide in Plain Sight. Blankinship, Steve // Power Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p46
The article provides information on the potential for generating electric power from biomass energy. It is inferred that the economics for energy projects using a wide range of biofuels are significantly improving. But its market potential lacks consistency when it comes to viewing, valuing and...