- VARIATION OF LEACHATE CHARACTERISTICS FROM SELECTED DUMPSITES IN LAGOS, NIGERIA. ADEGUN, OLUBUNMI // Journal of Applied Sciences in Environmental Sanitation;Dec2013, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p249
The open dump system of solid waste disposal in Lagos, Nigeria, poses a number of environmental threats, one of which is the production of leachates. The threat is further exacerbated during the wet season, when leachate springs forms at the dumpsites. In recognition of the threat that leachate...
- SEASONALITY AND ECONOMIC ANALYSIS. Bonin, Joseph M. // Southern Economic Journal;Jan68, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p383
Seasonality is prevalent in many of the major sectors of the economy, but despite 58 The Federal Reserve's open letter of September promised continued tight money apart from that for seasonal needs in 1966. 59 Freund and Kavesh, op. cit., p. 17. 60 For a good analysis of the weaknesses of...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/7/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p3
Presents updates on issues and events happening in Michigan as of March 7, 2005. Addition of the city of Wyoming on the Grand Valley Metro Council, a regional planning agency at the state; Decline in unemployment rate in January according to the state's Department of Labor & Economic Growth.
- Monitor your plan. Hamilton, Jim // Plumbing & Mechanical;Apr2015, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p66
The article offers tips on monitoring the business plan. It presents the steps on how companies can figure their seasonality, which is important to their success, including taking the income statements from the past three years and adding up all sales from those three years. Also offered are the...
- Using numbers to improve business performance. Knapp, Catriona // NZ Business;Nov2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p66
The article offers the author's insights on importance of using numbers into realistic target setting to improve business performance. The author states that target setting is significant to small business (SMEs) to help them identify the great month of their business and exceed expectations. It...
- Some like it hot. Iarocci, Mary Sue // Westchester County Business Journal;8/31/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 35, p1
The article focuses on the adjustments and preferences of businesses to boost their operations amid the economic troubles during summer and autumn in 2009 in New York. It discusses how companies Corporate Audio Visual Services Inc. and Co-Communications Inc. have made changes to their businesses...
- Seasonal variation in cold hardiness and peak rates of cold-induced thermogenesis in the dark-eyed junco (Junco hyemalis) Swanson, David L. // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Jul1990, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p561
No abstract available.
- A METHODOLOGY FOR ESTIMATING THE SEASONAL POPULATION IN RURAL REGIONS: A CASE STUDY OF NORTHERN ARIZONA. Gunderson, Ronald J. // Economic Development Review;Spring89, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p50
Presents a methodology suitable for the measurement of the seasonal population in Arizona. History of the measurement of seasonal population; Estimated permanent population of Northern Arizona counties and communities as of July 1987; Impact of the seasonal visitors.
- A case of offspring adoption in free-ranging polar bears (Ursus maritimus) Ramsay, M. A.; Atkinson, S. N.; Cattet, M. R. L.; Polischuk, S. C. // Arctic;Mar1996, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p94
No abstract available.