- Variable rates boosts city's recycling. Gordon, Susie // World Wastes;Dec97, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p11
Describes the refuse disposal system established by the city of Fort Collins, Colorado. Automatic recycling services for residents; Pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) collection system; Goals adopted by the city government in 1994; Concern with potential negative reactions to PAYT; Community acceptance of...
- Carolina's City and County Cousins. Black, Tom // World Wastes;Oct98, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p56
Focuses on the municipal garbage collection and processing operations in Charlotte and Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Mecklenburg County's solid waste management strategy; Elements of the country's operations; Charlotte's recycling program; Residential garbage collection services in the city.
- New progress for big recovery plants // Waste Age;Apr1982, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p122
No abstract available.
- Toronto surges ahead in food composting. // Resource Recycling;Aug2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p9
Reports the provision of municipal collection of food scraps and soiled paper products in Toronto, Ontario. Reason for such efforts; Aim of the other smaller collection routes conducted by the city; Information on the collection schedule and strategies.
- Progressive Waste to Handle All Trash Service in Frisco, TX. // Solid Waste Report;2/12/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the selection of the bid of Progressive Waste Solutions by the city council to provide recycling and garbage collection services in Frisco, Texas.
- L.A.'s collection program continues to roll with the times Sones, Drew // World Wastes;Feb1995, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p28
No abstract available.
- Decentralizing the solid waste industry. Farrell, Molly // In Business;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p30
Describes how a family in Bristol, Vermont recycle trash. Design of a wagon used for trash collection; Collection process; Details on the family's trash and recycling contract.
- Programs undergo changes. // Resource Recycling;Jul2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p6
Relates major changes in recycling programs initiated by communities in North America. Collection system considered in Calgary, Alberta; Expansion of the materials recovery system of Stockton, California; Weekly recycling collection service offered in Aberdeen, South Dakota.
- Comprehensive diversion. // BioCycle;Nov95, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the recycling contract between Waste Management Inc. and Lima, Ohio. Recycling and refuse collection services provided by the company; Terms of the contract; Target of the recycling program; Operation of the project.