- The art of ergonomics. Michaels, Mark // Grounds Maintenance;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p12
Provides tips for buying ergonomic equipment for grounds maintenance. Determining specific needs before buying an equipment; Focus on the level of physical comfort when using the equipment; Specifics of various equipment; Buying personal protective equipment.
- Capital ideas. Dahl, Deborah; Styer, Peggy // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar99, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the basics of acquiring capital equipment. Rational process for choosing technology to invest in; Need for understanding the economics of the investment; Recommended approach for prioritizing acquisitions; Questions to ask before buying.
- MRFs for the Future. Merrill, Lynn // MSW Management;May/Jun2004, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on the factors needed to be considered before designing a material recovery facility (MRF). Role to be played by MRF in packaging disposal and recycling; Remarks from Mike Long, executive director of the Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio in Grove City, Ohio, regarding the...
- Our gift to you - how to return that unwanted Christmas jumper. Rosie Murray-West ;Toby Walne // Mail on Sunday;12/18/2016, p80
WHEN buying and receiving gifts this festive season it is worth understanding your rights before ripping open the wrapping paper.
- Get a handle on thermocouple technology before you buy. McLynn, Dennis // Process Heating;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the need to understand the functions of thermocouples before buying. Definition of the junction style; Uses of thermowells and protection tubes; Construction of thermowells.
- MICROPHONES. Careless, James // EventDV;Feb2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 2, p76
The article offers tips on how to choose the right microphone (mic) for producing videos for streaming. Before buying this equipment, one needs to understand the basic principle of microphone design, namely the difference between dynamic and condenser microphones. It is recommended to choose...
- The essentials. Walker, Niki; Dann, Sarah // Bowling in Action;2003, p8
This article discusses the essentials in bowling. Most of the equipment you need for bowling can be found at a bowling center. The pins and balls are included in the cost of renting the lane. You can rent bowling shoes if you do not have a pair of your own. If you bowl often, you may want to buy...
- Bridging the Gaps: An E-waste management and recycling assessment of material recycling facilities in Selangor and Penang. Babington C., John; Siwar, Chamhuri; Fariz M., Ahmad; Ara B., Rawshan // International Journal of Environmental Sciences;Jul2010, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p383
The uses of electronic and electrical devices have relatively increased with rapid increases in economic and technological development over some period of time in Malaysia. There is needs for Malaysia to apply â€œ3Râ€ principles of reduce, reuse and recycle for efficient control and...
- Innovative R&D Center for the Natural Gas Industry. // R&D Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 42 Issue 9, pI-36
Reports on the development of the Metering Research Facility (MRF) in San Antonio, Texas for the research and testing needs of the natural gas industry. Components of the MRF; Revenues for the MRF program; Purpose of the MRF initiative.
- Build a MRF. LOVELY, LORI // MSW Management;May2015, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p49
The article offers suggestions for constructing a material recovery facility (MRF). It discusses the factors to consider for the construction of MRF including the site and the markets. It also stresses the importance of doing a proper site assessment and knowing the site's history, the need to...