- Pittsburgh considers privatization. Brown, Bob // Waste News;09/14/98, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p2
States that the privatization of garbage collection may not be possible in the city of Pittsburgh, due to financial problems. Comments from Guy Costa, director of Pittsburgh's Department of General Service; Reference to the expiration of garbage workers contracts in private companies;...
- Waste news stock report. // Waste News;04/26/99, Vol. 4 Issue 50, p19
Presents statistics on the performance of stocks owned by refuse collection companies in the United States as of April 26, 1999. Percentage change in prices; List of top gainers and losers.
- Judge Not Thrilled with Georgia County's Plan To Charge Residents for Trash Pickup. // Solid Waste Report;8/12/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p2
The article reports on the disapproval by U.S. Court judge Michael Clark in August 2010 of the plans of authorities in Gwinnett County, Georgia to charge residents for trash collection.
- Most waste stocks look OK to experts. Daniels, Steve // Waste News;01/13/97, Vol. 2 Issue 34, p13
Presents an evaluation of 1996 stock market performances for solid-waste stocks in the United States. Stock market performances for WMX Technologies Incorporated and Browning-Ferris Industries Incorporated; Performance of mid-sized companies in the industry; 1997 forecast for the industry. ...
- City Struggles with Recycling Fees. // Official Board Markets;1/29/2011, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p8
The article offers information on the 5-dollar recycling and garbage collection fees in Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Residents fear loss of trash pickup aid. Bandle, Scott // North County Journal;8/24/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 34, pA1
The article reports on the participation of homeowners in Overland, Missouri in the Overland Trash Assistance Grant Program. The city pays Allied Waste for trash pickup for members who cannot afford to pay the bills. It was mentioned that the yearly pickup rate is 252 U.S. dollars with the...
- Waste News stock report. // Waste News;02/22/99, Vol. 4 Issue 41, p15
Presents stock prices of refuse disposal and collection companies in the United States for the week of February 22, 1999. Includes top gainers and losers; Names of companies cited.
- Driving efficiency. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Oct2011, p41
The article reports on the decision of local authorities in Great Britain to reduce their expenditure on expensive new assets like refuse collection vehicles (RCVs) in Faun-Zoeller developed a model for local authorities outsourcing maintenance of vehicle fleets.
- Dearborn's alleys an eyesore for residents and businesses. Hijazi, Samer // Arab American News;3/21/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1519, p06
The article focuses on the eyesore caused by the deterioration of alleys behind business establishments and alongside residential streets in Dearborn, Michigan, the lack of city funding for the repair of alleys and the accumulation of trash in alleys.