- Recycling in today's economy. Holmes, Kim // Resource Recycling;Apr2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p4
The article reflects on the status of recycling in the current economic situation in the U.S. It talks about the Institute for Local Self-Reliance's (ILSR) statistics on the number of jobs created by reusing and recycling over landfills or waste incineration. The recycling market development...
- From garbage to gold. Spinner, Jenni // Public Works;Feb2008, Vol. 139 Issue 2, p23
The article reports on the economic and environmental benefits of the recycling and compost programs of the city of Portland in Oregon. It is noted that the experiments conducted by the city's Office of Transportation resulted in an estimated revenue of $3.6 million in fiscal year 2006-2007....
- A pastoral finale for C&D debris Lueck, Guada Woodring // Waste Age;Jul1990, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p72
No abstract available.
- The Viability of Recycling. Brotherton, Peter // Chain Reaction;Spring2000, Issue 83, p21
Deals with the importance of recycling in Australia. Improvement of the recycling service in the City of Glen Eira in Melbourne; Findings of the survey `Public Views Victoria 1998'; Arguments against household recycling; Investigation on the viability of the goal of Australia to reduce the...
- Atlanta's Recycling Program Witnesses 23 Percent Increase Since October Launch. // Solid Waste Report;1/31/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p3
The article reports that recycling tonnage in Atlanta, Georgia increased from 1,079 tons collected to 1,403 tons since the city expanded its recycling program in October 2012, with a goal to divert 90 percent of its recyclable materials from landfills.
- Influence Assessment of Landfill Gas Pumping McBean, Edward A.; Rovers, Frank A.; Crutcher, Anthony J. // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;Apr1984, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p227
No abstract available.
- The 100-Year Landfill. Miller, Chaz // Waste Age;May2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the waste disposal needs in the U.S. Space needed for landfills; Prediction on the future of garbage disposal system in the country; Preference for waste recycling over saving of lands.
- Aberdeen opts for commingled. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Jun2014, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p18
The article reports that the Aberdeen City Council declared on its "Aberdeen City Waste Strategy" of its transition from a dual-stream waste collection system to a commingled system and cites topics like the potential benefits of the transition such as recycling rate boosts and landfill cost drops.
- Recycling collection leaves the house. Taylor, Judy // American City & County;Jan2008, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p14
This article reports that major U.S. cities have begun placing recycling bins at public events and areas in response to residents' requests to recycle outside their homes. By offering recycling collection beyond curbside pickup, cities are diverting tons more material from landfills....