- The transfer tune-up. Costello, Daniel; Dinneen, James T. // World Wastes;Apr98, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p42
Describes strategies refuse collectors can use to keep transfer costs under control. Planning transfer stations based on a 10- to 15-year period; Use of existing facilities and infrastructure; Areas affecting overall transfer costs; Longhaul costs. INSET: Montgomery County shapes up, ships out..
- Minimizing the cost of leaf composting Derr, Donn A.; Dhillon, Pritam S. // BioCycle;Apr1989, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p45
No abstract available.
- Shrewsbury tames time // Waste Age;Dec1987, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p99
No abstract available.
- Trim food costs, reduce waste with 10 money-saving tips. // High Plains Journal;12/10/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 51, p6-C
The article offers several tips for reducing wastage of food and saving money in the U.S. which include selection of economical versions of food choices, preferring nutritious and less processed foods, and purchasing of seasonal foods.
- Interim Status Standards for Owners and Operators of Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage, and Disposal Facilities. // Illinois Register;11/8/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p17811
The article focuses on the notice of adopted amendments released by the Illinois Pollution Control Board, for Interim Status Standards for Owners and Operators of Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage, and Disposal Facilities in Illinois. Topics of amendments include the U.S. Environmental...
- More Than One Liner. BOLTON, NEAL // MSW Management;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p40
The article offers information on the development of landfill liners and groundwater monitoring in the municipal solid waste industry. Topics discussed include the implementation of national landfill liner regulation in 1991, meetings sponsored by the Midwest Assistance Program for educating...
- Evaluating leachate contamination potential of landfill sites using leachate pollution index. Kumar, Dinesh; Alappat, Babu J. // Clean Technologies & Environmental Policy;Nov2005, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p190
The dumping of solid waste in uncontrolled landfills can cause significant impacts on the environment and human health. The principal concern is focussed on the pollution potential due to migration of the leachate generated from the landfill sites into the groundwater, the surface water or the...
- Integrated studies for automobile wastes management in developing countries; in the concept of environmentally friendly mechanic village. Nwachukwu, Michael; Huan Feng; Achilike, Kennedy // Environmental Monitoring & Assessment;Jul2011, Vol. 178 Issue 1-4, p581
More cities in developing countries now consider mechanic village (MV) as superior to the city wide auto-workshop practice following the increasing influx of used or waste automobile from industrialized nations. This is because of the numerous advantages of the mechanic village concept as a...
- WASTE TRACKING: THE KEY TO MINIMISATION. Kent, Robin // Glass Age;Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p16
Offers tips for glass manufacturers on how to reduce waste and reduce costs as of August 2002. Identification and monitoring of wastes produced by a company; Process flow chart; Waste tracking sheet; Cause and effect diagram.