- GM Recycles Oil-Soaked Booms from the Gulf into Volt. King, Bart // SB Innovation Weekly;5/25/2011, p1
The article reports that automaker General Motors Corp. (GM) has recycled 227 miles of oil-soaked booms from the 2010 BP Deepwater Horizon Explosion and Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico, for making car parts of its electric car Chevrolet Volt. As stated, the GM recycled 215,000 pounds of booms...
- Recycling. Aubinais, Marie; Proteaux, Catherine // Ladybug;Mar94, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p28
Presents facts about the recycling process. Importance of recycling; Materials being recycled.
- Recycling Boom. // American City & County;11/15/99, Vol. 114 Issue 14, p18
Introduces the Z250 Zoom Boom, a compact recycling crusher from Rammer company.
- P.C. PCs. Maxwell, Jill Hecht // Inc.;2000 Inc. Technology 1, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p25
Reports on the computer recycling company, Technology Recycling LLC. Fees for recycling computers; Information on the employees of Technology Recycling; Details on the recycling process.
- Time to update your `buy-recycled' program. Stack, E. Gifford // Beverage World;11/15/99, Vol. 118 Issue 1683, p118
Discusses the recycling programs in the United States. Growth of plastics recycling; Significance of recycling processes to the beverage industry.
- Use it again. Gard, Carolyn // Hopscotch;Oct/Nov95, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on recycling by children. Collection of trash; Reusing of newspapers, cans and bottles; Processes undergone by materials to be recycled; Use of recycled materials.
- Clothes are recycled into new items at F.I.T. exhibit. // New York Amsterdam News;8/6/94, Vol. 85 Issue 32, p17
Reports on the holding of a fashion exhibit featuring clothes made from recycled materials. Recycling process; Environmental benefits of recycling.
- RECLYCLE YOUR SELF. Baker, Liz // Self;Jul2004, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p97
Focuses on recycling magazines in the U.S. Recommendation on the storage of magazines in the recycle bin; Processes involved in magazine recycling; Recycled products from magazines.
- Made of Recycled Classrooms. H., J.O. // Connection (0895-6405);Summer2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on recycled building at Middlebury College in New England. Percentage of the building that builders planned to recycle; Details on the recycling process; Total cost of the college's recycling project.
- Plastics recyclers see market rebound. Verespej, Mike // Waste & Recycling News;6/7/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the boom in the U.S. plastics recycling market. It mentions that recyclers are planning to make investments to increase their operations and informs about the rise in the demand of plastic recycling in the past six months. It also discusses the challenges being faced by...