- Clean Air Act requirements for landfills Repa, Edward W. // Waste Age;Apr1995, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p163
No abstract available.
- Packing A Punch Against Plastic Waste. Miller, John // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Apr2014, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p30
The article offers information on the importance for cleaning professionals to maintain green practices. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mentions that two-thirds less energy is needed for the manufacturing of products made of recyclable plastic. It states that capturing landfill...
- Hot Topic. Georgieva, Stiliana // Waste Age Exclusive Insight;4/ 1/2011, p18
The article offers issues related to waste-to-energy (WTE) technologies. It states that reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and diversion of materials from landfills have been the main goals of the U.S. and other countries. According to the studies of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency,...
- Fugitive greenhouse gas emissions and Prevention of Significant Deterioration program applicability. Cook Wong, Leslie // Trends (15339556);Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses the legal and systemic impact of fugitive air emission sources on the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) rules of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Topics include the Best Available Control Technology (BACT) analysis of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) sources,...
- EPA: First Look at Greenhouse Gas Reporting Data. // EHS Today;Mar2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the announcement of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regarding the availability of its 2010 greenhouse gas (GHG) data. Gina McCarthy from EPA says that the GHG reporting program provides critical tool for innovators and businesses to find fuel- and...
- Source characterization of ambient fine particles in the Los Angeles basin. Kim, Eugene; Hopke, Philip K. // Journal of Environmental Engineering & Science;Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p343
Integrated 24 h PM2.5 (particulate matter â‰¤2.5 Âµm in aerodynamic diameter) speciation data collected between 2001 and 2004 at three United States Environmental Protection Agency Speciation Trends Network monitoring sites in the Los Angeles (LA) basin (Simi Valley, downtown LA, and...
- EPA Proposes Boiler Emission Standard Changes. Gerlat, Allan // Waste Age Expert Blog;12/2/2011, p3
The article reports on proposed changes by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to the emission standards for incinerators and boilers, which is aimed at reducing harmful pollutant emissions like mercury, lead and cadmium.
- Greenhouse gas regulation rules upheld. // Southwest Farm Press Exclusive Insight;7/ 9/2012, p1
The article discusses the Court of Appeal for the District of Columbia Circuit's ruling in favor of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) regulation on greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.
- Paccar MX-13 engine brochure published. // Fleet Owner Blog;2/5/2013, p1
The article announces the publication of a new brochure detailing all the features and technical specifications of the Paccar MX-13 engine which is available with 1,450 to 1,850 pounds-feet of torque, and meets the 2013 emissions requirements of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.