- California plastics' recyling rate falters. // World Wastes;May98, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p7
Reports that the percentage of plastic recycled in 1996 fell below California state minimum standards, according to the Integrated Waste Management Board. Implications for the board of the failure to meet standards; Conditions of the recycled plastics market; Futility of simply mandating recycling.
- New uses for old plastic. DeWeese, Aaron // World Wastes;Jul98, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p46
Discusses the recycling of plastic into new uses. Pultrusion, or continuous pipe extrusion process, employed at N.E.W. Plastics Corp.; Techniques used at the Orange Grove Recycling Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee; Challenges faced in educating the public about plastic recycling.
- Technology news. // Plastics Technology;Apr95, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p39
Describes the first North American use of recycled SMC in an exterior auto body panel--the spoiler on Chrysler's Neon.
- Plastics recycling has hazy outlook. Smith, Sarah H. // Waste News;02/01/99, Vol. 4 Issue 38, p18
Focuses on the state of plastics recycling in the United States. Growth of the plastic recycling business; Use of recycle bins with the garbage at rest stops; Polyethylene terephthalate recovery rates.
- Plastic prices heat up. Truini, Joe // Waste News;05/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p30
Presents prices of recycled plastics in the United States recent to May 17, 1999. Strong market price of high density polyethylene and polyethylene terephthalate markets; Cost of landfill tipping fees.
- Florida city adds plastics recycling. King, Roger // Waste News;10/7/96, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p10
States that profits from recycling program in Bradenton, Florida, will allow the city to expand the project to include mixed plastics, despite the loss Bradenton loses on the material. Experimental plastics collection program to continue as a permanent venture; Statement from Haven Simmons,...
- Can Chicago's Loop include plastics? Eyring, William M. // BioCycle;Aug1990, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p78
No abstract available.
- A small town becomes part of the chain // BioCycle;May1992, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p78
No abstract available.
- Going beyond PET and HDPE. Gies, Glenda // BioCycle;Jan1995, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p30
Presents information on demonstration projects designed to test the viability of expanded plastics recycling programs. Plastics collected prior and during the demonstration project; Length and area; Collection system; Capture and residual rate; Annual recovery; Plastic types; Revenues per pound...