- The automation game: playing it by the rules Bullock, David R.; Miller, Deborah R. // World Wastes;Feb1994, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
No abstract available.
- Automated collection: The next generation. Merrill, Lynn // Waste Age;Apr99, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on the improvements in the automation of garbage collection systems in the United States. Limitations of early automated products; Enhancements in the hydraulic systems of automated garbage trucks; Debates over the level of sophistication of automated trucks; Improvement in the design...
- Safety log improves with technology. CARROLL, JEREMY // Waste & Recycling News;10/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p0038
The article discusses worker safety in garbage collection with the advent of fully automated trucks. It notes that the introduction of compaction on the truck did not include a lot of safety features, resulting in too many hands and fingers cut off from workers. Automated collection reportedly...
- Mandates motivate to automate. DeWeese, Aaron // Waste Age;Feb2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the automation of garbage collection in California. Percentage of automated garbage trucks in the state; Importance of automation to recycling efforts; Cost effectiveness of automation; Aesthetic value of automation.
- SINGLE STREAM MRF COMES TO NEW ENGLAND. Farrel, Molly // BioCycle;Jul2003, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p46
Reports on the operations of the first single stream facility in New England. Design of the equipment to allow the recycling of materials in one container from collections; Ability to process the trash without the need to separate cardboard and paper from plastics, metal and glass; Economic...
- What's on Your Automated Truck? Merrill, Lynn // MSW Management;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p60
The article determines the reliability and performance of automated refuse collection trucks. In automated trucks, arm performance is a source of maintenance concerns. This is followed by the functionality and durability of the body. Arm performance is an important consideration since some...
- Republic Services sets 80% automation target. Johnson, Jim // Waste & Recycling News;10/29/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p0001
The article focuses on solid waste management company, Republic Services Inc. who looks at automation as a way to be more productive. It notes how having its drivers stay in their cabs while operating automated side-loaders keeps their boots off the streets and away from dangers of passing...
- Florida County Specifies puraDYNÂ® Bypass Oil Filtration Systems. // Fleet Equipment;Oct2004, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the approval of the purchase of automated garbage trucks outfitted with puraDYN systems manufactured by PuraDYN Filter Technologies by the local government of Miami-Dade County, Florida. Use of Caterpillar-powered Peterbilt trucks; Trucks.
- Using your arms, not your hands. Merrill, Lynn // World Wastes;Jun98, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p42
Presents an interview with Burrtec Waste Industries chief operating officer Eric Herbert, on how company successfully implemented automated collection of commingled recyclables. Type of equipment used; Fleet; Routing for recyclables collection; Advice to haulers.