- Quick drivetrain clean and lube. Langley, Jim // Bicycling;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p122
Demonstrates how to perform a 30-minute clean and lube procedure for a bike's drivetrain. How this procedure will improve the performance and life of your drivetrain; Required tools; Step-by-step instructions; Regular maintenance.
- Rugged Parking Brake simplifies installation. Schneider, Richard T. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Dec2005, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p53
The article presents information about the design of a spring-applied, pressure-released, wet multi-disc parking brake for articulated loaders, which is designed to operate in harsh conditions with minimal maintenance. In addition to maintenance savings, the location and configuration of the...
- MAINTENANCE PRIMER. Birkland, Carol // Fleet Equipment;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p38
The article discusses the management techniques for motor vehicle fleets in the U.S. ArvinMeritor Inc. hints fleets to follow a regular preventive maintenance program for this type of planning saves money while operating a vehicle. Manufacturers states that following basic rules when servicing...
- DRIVETRAINS: Driving fuel savings. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Jun2008, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p62
The article offers insights related to specifying and managing drivetrain components that could help realize fuel savings. To maintain optimum fuel efficiency, Loren Dreier of ZF asserts that drivetrain should work in conjunction with other components. Steve Slesinski of Dana Holding Corp....
- Lubed for life? Moore, Tom // Fleet Owner;Nov97, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p81
Discusses the move of fleet operators to develop engine, drivetrain and wheel-end components that are properly engineered and matched for long life. Advantages and disadvantages of the maintenance free concept or the low lubrication components; Experiences of the fleet operators who...
- In elementary school we learn that trucks can be fun. Neff, Natalie // AutoWeek;9/16/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 38, p20
Features the 2003 Honda Element. Performance; Drivetrain; Engine.
- Hybrids face challenges. KELLEY, TOM // Beverage Industry;Aug2014, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p54
IN SPITE OF GENERALLY POSITIVE PERFORMANCE OUT ON THE ROAD, DIESELelectric hybrid drivetrains have had less than stellar success in the North American truck market. So much so that Eaton Corp., a manufacturer of hybrid components, has recently announced that it will discontinue offering hybrid...
- Pawl buster. Dondo, Captain // Mountain Bike;Jun95, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p44
Presents tips on maintenance and repair of mountain bikes. How to troubleshoot broken drivetrains.
- Eliminating compliance in servosystems. // Machine Design;10/05/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 19, p128
Focuses on the mechanical structure and compliance in the drivetrain of servocontrollers. Components of the drivetrain; Torsional stiffness of a typical servosystem bellows coupling.
- Plastic's Possible Future. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Oct2002, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p26
Discusses the use of plastics in design of major automotive components. Characteristics of plastics for automobile applications; Applications of plastics under the hood; Possibility of plastics for chassis/drivetrain applications.