- Methane gas collection: does it pay? Magnuson, Anne // MSW Management;Mar/Apr1993, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p42
No abstract available.
- A HEAP OF TROUBLE. Guley, Philip // Indianapolis Monthly;Jun2011, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p42
The article offers the author's insights concerning landfills that are being filled with trashes. The author states that gas largely methane was buried among the tons of decomposing materials. The author mentions that a method was developed for gas capture and electricity generation. Moreover,...
- From waste comes energy. Jeffries, Adrianne // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr2010, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p17
The article presents information about a new waste-to-energy pilot plant, being developed by S4 Energy Solutions LLC in Arlington, Oregon. The construction will start in May 2010 on a plant at the Columbia Ridge Landfill in Arlington. The plant which is expected to create 28 construction jobs...
- Yorwaste doubles output. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Jun2009, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p26
The article reports on the installation of three new generators at its Harewood Whin landfill site in York, England by Yorwaste in order to double the amount of electricity it generates that would be enough to power more than 6,000 homes. The generators which are fueled by the gases produced by...
- Landfill gas recovery MacDonald, Ann // BioCycle;Aug1991, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p40
No abstract available.
- Putting Refuse to Good Use. // Solutions: For a Sustainable & Desirable Future;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information on the Renewable Energy Project in Turkey in which the World Bank contributed 8 million dollars to help give the landfill of Ankara a green makeover, enabling it to generate electricity from the garbage.
- From Biopower to Energopolitics in England's Modern Waste Technology. Alexander, Catherine; Reno, Joshua O. // Anthropological Quarterly;Spring2014, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p335
Two energy-generating technologies in Britain which transform waste into a resource are compared. One is the (in)famous Combined Heat and Power incinerator in Sheffield, the other a forgotten biological digester in Devon utilizing anaerobic microbes. Both sites are early exemplars of...
- Landfill Power Sheds Light on Minnesota Homes. // World Wastes;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p12
Informs that a public-private coalition in Minnesota broke ground at the Elk River Landfill to install a landfill gas-to-energy equipment designed and operated by Power Strategies LLC. Exemption granted for purchasing power from the landfill gas-recovery project; Capacity of the gas-fueled...
- SERVERS' BIG APPETITE. T. G. // ASEE Prism;Dec2012, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p13
The article focuses on the super-warehouse-size data centers which involves cloud computing and generates electricity from waste materials.