- Expenses of replacing underground storage tanks are deductible. // Practical Accountant;Jun98, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p22
Offers information on the Revenue Ruling 98-25 under Section 162, which states that expenses related to the replacement of underground storage tanks (USTs) containing waste by-products are deductible as business expenses. Reference to the cost incurred by a corporation which produced waste-by...
- Engineering approach is best way to save money. Sellers, Kate // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar96, Vol. 223 Issue 3, p34
Describes an engineering approach to control hazardous waste remediation costs. Goals of feasibility studies; Investigation stage; Field-screening techniques.
- Computer applications in the handling and disposal of hazardous material McAdams, Cheryl L.; McAdams, Walter A. // Waste Age;May1993, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p47
No abstract available.
- Safe Garbage Disposal. Oliver, Barbara L. // Conservationist;May/Jun88, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p51
Comments on safe garbage disposal.
- Events. // Professional Safety;Aug2015, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p10
A calendar of events related to industrial safety activities in the U.S. from August 19-October 7, 2015 is presented which includes the 22nd Annual Georgia Safety, Health & Environmental Conference, a webinar on Hazardous Waste Recycling Reliefs and the Lean Behavior-Based Safety Certification.
- Explosive Situations. Walton, George C.; Lewis, Anne // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p54
Presents five steps for safety disposal of chemical reactive/explosive materials in the United States. Analysis of organic peroxide solutions by spectrometry; Identification of waste on destruction process and reaction control; Planning of an efficient waste-disposal under safest conditions.
- Safety training crucial for handling hazardous waste. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;5/5/97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p5B
Emphasizes the importance of safety-training programs for proper handling of hazardous waste. Most common infraction cited by inspectors at the Pima County, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality; Emergence of safety, environmental awareness and hazardous waste disposal as growth...
- The Idea: Bar Codes to Track Hazardous Waste. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;3/19/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p17
The article reports on the environmental and financial benefits derived by the Alliance Maintenance Base of American Airlines Inc. in Fort Worth, Texas, by purchasing a bar code scanner and label printer for tracking hazardous waste. Between 2000 and 2005, the base reduced 50 percent of the...
- Get rid of your household hazardous waste July 9-11. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;7/9/2015, Vol. 81 Issue 50, p6
The article offers information on the household hazardous waste collection event in Minneapolis, Minnesota from July 9-15, 2015, where in citizens can dispose products such as lead acid, pesticides and aerosol containers that are hazardous to health and environment.