- HEAPS OF POWER. // Scholastic SuperScience (Teacher's Edition);Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 6, pT3
Presents a lesson guide for teachers dealing with energy from waste products.
- Florida may not have its act together Mattheis, Ann H. // Waste Age;Feb1988, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p97
No abstract available.
- BE READY. Dudlicek, James // Dairy Field;Apr2006, Vol. 189 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses a three-pronged approach on disaster preparedness offered by the United States Department of Homeland Security. Risk assessment is knowing exactly what incident a facility might experience and how to best meet it. Talking to your people, is the involvement of the employees...
- Prescription for Disaster. Katz, Jesse // Los Angeles Magazine;Dec2005, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p116
This article explores the capabilities of the Los Angeles County Emergency Operations Center in California. The emergency operations center is the standard for all disaster facilities. It is a fortress lying on top of 28 rubber shock absorbers said to withstand an earthquake with a magnitude of...
- How to prepare a rural waste plan Stinnett, Debra Siniard // World Wastes;Jul1995, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p29
No abstract available.
- Lessons Learned. // Fitness Business Pro;Sep2006, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p18
The article lists reminders in case of emergency incidents. These include: the identification of essential personnel, a plan of action to move equipment to a second-floor location, designation of a meeting location for non-essential transfer of mission-critical software to the laptops of the...
- Abstracts. // Operations Research;Fall62 Supplement 2, Vol. 10 Issue 2, pB-62
Presents abstracts related to operations research in military, published in the September 1962 issue of 'Operations Research.' 'Operations Research in Civil Defense,' by Rogers Cannell; 'A Military Planning Game,' by H.P. Hatry and P.R. Lever; 'The War Game as a Methodological Tool,' by E.W....
- Arab-Israeli tensions. // America;1/17/1953, Vol. 88 Issue 16, p420
The article focuses on the efforts of the U.S. government to address the tensions between the Arabs and the Israeli. The government has published the book of Leonard J. Schweitzer which reveals that the renewed war is in the top list of both countries. They also developed a civil defense as they...
- Evaluation of external effects on the state of dynamic objects. Novoselov, O. // Measurement Techniques;May2013, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p121
A method is presented for analyzing external effects on the state of a dynamic object identified by an equation for the evolution of its state. One important application is the development of stabilizing influences on natural objects for disaster prevention.