- Reports Show Increasing Amount of toxic 'E-Waste'. // Sustainable Business Weekly;11/16/2009, p2
The article presents information on a report from the Basel Convention on transboundary movement of hazardous waste which says that there is a "catastrophic accumulation of e-waste" in several countries that could prove to be hazardous.
- North Carolina loses ground on waste reduction target. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;3/18/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p1
Presents a forecast of the waste production in North Carolina. Implications of the current growth rate of waste generation for waste accumulation in the state; Projection of a doubled waste production; Increase of consumption and disposal of consumer goods and packaging.
- Management of the Waste Materials. Ghiban, Alexandru; NegoiţĂ, Octaviari Ion; NegoiţĂ, Olivia Doina // Journal of Electrical & Electronics Engineering;May2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p73
Present paper has the aim of establishing all the steps in management of wastes, including the EU directives in this field. There are given comparatives definitions of wastes, there are presented the main methods of disposal of wastes (landfill, incineration, recycling, sustainability,...
- From fuel-derived waste to waste-derived fuel Woods, Randy // Waste Age;Jun1993, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p153
No abstract available.
- WASTE INDUSTRY BRIEFS. // Waste News;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p6
The article presents brief updates from the waste industry. Federal regulators issued warning letters on July 26, 2004, to three Arizona-based hazardous waste transportation companies for failing to notify the government that they were transporting polychlorinated biphenyls, a violation of the...
- The Scoop on Hazwaste. Repa, Ed // Waste Age;Aug2004, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p55
Discusses issues regarding the transportation of hazardous wastes in the U.S. Statistics on the amount of hazardous wastes generated by several U.S. states; Types of hazardous wastes according to the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act; Methods of managing hazardous wastes; Information on...
- Solid wealth. SOMVANSHI, AVIKAL // Down to Earth;8/16/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p36
The article discusses the concern regarding the increasing number of construction and demolition debris in India. The author talks about the overflowing of landfills and the scarce of building materials in the country. Also tackled is the need for the nation to a policy to recycle the waste and...
- Hazardous-Substance Generator, Transporter And Disposer Liability Under The Federal And California Superfunds. Vernon, James F.; Dennis, Patrick W. // UCLA Journal of Environmental Law & Policy;1981, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p67
The article discusses the liability of the generator, transporter and disposer of hazardous substance under the Federal and the California superfunds. It is stated that the social institutions of the country have begun to recognize the full impact of the problems and costs attendant to the...
- Refuse trading is catching on! Hawk, Shirley // Waste Age;Nov1989, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p163
No abstract available.