- Taking Care of Landfill Leachate. Fickes, Michael // Waste Age Exclusive Insight;5/ 1/2011, p7
The article focuses on the management of landfill leachate. It mentions some methods for leachate management such as sending it to a local sewage treatment plant, leachate-consuming trees and running it through wetlands systems. It cites the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rule that...
- Toxic Trash. Miller, Chaz // Waste Age;Oct2005, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p14
This article argues that electronic wastes products are not hazardous in landfills. The article refutes the claim of activist groups that landfilled electronic products will create toxic leachate when lead seeps out of the products into groundwater. The article further states that the U.S....
- WTE arguments begin. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;10/7/96, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p3
Reports on a dispute involving the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which blames the EPA for ignoring section 129 of the Clear Air Act by regulating waste-to-energy plants, according to overall capacity. Argument of a Utah waste district that its waste-to-energy plant is...
- III. reports waste reduction. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;4/1/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p22
Part III. Reports the reduction of wastes generated in Illinois according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Inclusion of wastes from industrial, commercial and residential sources; Estimate of the generated wastes; Factors contributing to the reduced generated wastes.
- Report characterizing C&D expected soon. Garvey, Charlotte S. // C&D Debris Recycling;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p7
Focuses on the US Environmental Protection Agency's construction and demolition debris (C&D) report. Effort to characterize C&D waste generation and recovery on a national basis; Sources of information on the report.
- BY THE NUMBERS. Dworkir, Stephen // E: The Environmental Magazine;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on the figure of 25% cited by the U.S. environmental Protection Agency of how much more waste Americans produce between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day than during the rest of the year.
- Going Down. Miller, Chaz // Waste360;Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p68
The article highlights municipal solid waste data from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as of April 2014.
- Hot Topic. Georgieva, Stiliana // Waste Age Exclusive Insight;4/ 1/2011, p18
The article offers issues related to waste-to-energy (WTE) technologies. It states that reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and diversion of materials from landfills have been the main goals of the U.S. and other countries. According to the studies of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency,...
- Caught in the middle. Sicaras, Victoria K. // Public Works;Jan2010, Vol. 141 Issue 1, p47
The article focuses on the Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases (40 CFR 98) rule of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It says the enforcement of the rule to almost every waste-to-energy (WTE) plants would serve as a baseline wherein future reduction legislation would be instituted. It...