- Corporate facilities departments. Patterson, Maureen // Buildings;Aug95, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p46
Talks about the downsizing activities of the in-house facilities departments, giving facts and figures about the new constructions and renovations of existing commercial spaces. Foundation theme of this industry segment; Other informative facts; Close-up on IL-based Deere & Co., HVAC system at...
- Government agencies/universities. // Buildings;Aug95, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p56
Highlights the current dilemma being faced by college and university facilities professionals over financial constraints to manage the in-house services of ever-expanding building activities of government agencies. Some little known facts about government agencies regarding facilities management.
- The rebate river runs dry. Watkins-Miller, Elaine // Buildings;Feb96, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p50
Reports that facilities professionals, alert to the life-cycle cost savings of energy-efficiency projects, are looking at different sources for financing such upgrades. Phasing out of commercial rebates due to the deregulation of the electric utility industry; Performance-based contracting.
- Space strategies. Smith, Carrie // Buildings;Sep97 Supplement Autumn 97 Interior, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p20
Discusses how several facilities planners in the United States are addressing the needs of their tenants. How facilities managers maximize employee productivity; Technology used in enhancing communication with tenants; Innovative designs in school buildings.
- Mastering the Facility. Huston, John // Buildings;Dec99, Vol. 93 Issue 12, p51
Feature a six-step facility management master plan that simplifies building integration process. Definition of the concept of intelligent building; Procedures for the creation of intelligent building using the Facility Management Master Plan (FMMP); Site investigation, option identification and...
- Innovative management technologies add value. Sheridan, Mike // National Real Estate Investor;Feb98, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p140
Talks about computer software which increases the pace and raises the ante in the facility management (FM) industry. Big switch in companies' focus; Integration of FM operations; Needs driving FM software; Computerized Maintenance Management Systems; Increasing support of the World Wide Web for...
- BAS expands user's facility integration horizons. Rowland, Larry R. // Energy User News;Oct97, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on facility integration and how three institutes used it to build automative technologies. Definition of facility integration; How systems facilitate integration; Detailed information on the three institutes that used facility integration.
- Facilities management merges into a new business. Bergsman, Steve // National Real Estate Investor;May97, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p110
Focuses on trends in facilities management in the United States. One of the fastest growing areas of real estate services; Major improvements in economies of scale. INSETS: Case study: Equifax cuts costs through FM outsourcing.;Case study: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida keeps...
- Technology and diplomacy are proper tools in thermostat wars. Duan, Mary // San Diego Business Journal;1/13/97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on facilities management, and the problems which can arise in the office, as a result of incorrectly installed ventilation, heating and air conditioning systems. Cases where workers adjust the thermostat to suit their own comfort; Being too hot and too cold in offices ranked by...