- Solid waste management and a new environmental edict: a case study from Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria Adedibu, Afolabi A. // Environmentalist;Spring1986, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p63
No abstract available.
- LIFE-CYCLE ASSESSMENT OF FOOD WASTE TREATMENTS. // BioCycle;Nov2014, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the "Evaluation of Climate, Energy, and Soils Impacts of Selected Food Discards Management Systems" released by the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality which provide review of life cycle assessment studies on food waste treatments such as aerobic composting.
- IDEQ Taking Public Comments on Mixed Waste Treatment Project. // Hazardous Waste/Superfund Alert;5/11/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality will accept public comments until May 22, 2010 for the proposed mixed waste treatment and storage project.
- The environmental impact of the application of sewage sludge to land Wood, R. // Water Science & Technology;1981, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p241
No abstract available.
- EQ buys 3 waste plants, recycling fleet for $12M. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;2/9/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
Environmental Quality Co., a Wayne, Michigan-based company has agreed to buy three waste-treatment plants, including one in Detroit and another a recycling operation formerly owned by Houston-based U.S. Liquids Inc. for $12.23 million. The company said the acquisition fits with the company's...
- Louisiana DEQ Updating Rules on Solid Waste Emergency Response. // Solid Waste Report;5/30/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p4
The article discusses the updated rules of the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (Louisiana DEQ) concerning solid waste emergency response as to solid waste facility requirements.
- ANÃLISE DA IMPLANTAÃ‡ÃƒO DAS MEDIDAS MITIGADORAS ESTABELECIDAS NO ESTUDO DE IMPACTO AMBIENTAL DA CENTRAL DE TRATAMENTO DE RESÃDUOS — CAIEIRAS — SÃƒO PAULO. Candiani, Giovano; Caceres Cortez, Ana Tereza // Boletim de Geografia;mai-ago2013, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p115
This study examines the implementation of mitigating measures established in the licensing business of a Waste Treatment Center responsible for the treatment and final disposal of municipal and industrial solid waste in Caieiras, SÃ£o Paulo. Analyses were conducted of the implementation of...
- Perma-Fix Environment to close plant in Brownstown Twp. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;10/11/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p4
This article reports that Atlanta-based Perma-Fix Environmental Services Inc. has said earlier this month that it has decided to close its hazardous-waste treatment plant in Brownstown Township that had $5.7 million in revenue in 2003. Most of the operations at the plant were shut down last...
- Mixed message. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;1/17/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p4
This article reports that waste generation has hit record levels in Oregon, but so has recycling, the state Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) reports. An annual survey of trash haulers, recyclers and composters shows that Oregon's per capita solid waste generation rate hit 2,798 pounds...