- New MRF and transfer station. // BioCycle;Aug95, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p25
Reports on the opening of a new materials recovery facility (MRF) in Conway, Arkansas. Amount of recyclables and solid waste materials to handle; Capacity; Materials for recovery; Equipment.
- Four recycling plants to be built. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;11/19/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p6
Reports that Van Dyk Baler Corp. will construct and provide equipment for four material recovery facilities (MRF) in the Caribbean. Capacity of the facilities; Equipment that Van Dyke will provide; Information on the waste management activity sponsored by the Consulate General of the Netherlands.
- Everything you wanted to know about MRF safety (but didn't know what to ask). Glenn, Karen // World Wastes;Feb98, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p28
Presents a set of safety standards for material recovery facilities. Standards for MRF design; Equipment malfunction; Training levels for MRF operators; Worker safety.
- City of Laredo Material Recovery Facility. // Resource Recycling;Jul2014, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the investment of the city of Laredo, Texas in recycling with the processing setup installed by recycling equipment manufacturer Machinex Industries Inc. and the material recovery facility that manages a material stream that is about 80% fiber and 20% containers.
- WHOLE SYSTEM ORGANICS RECOVERY. Hanson, Emily // BioCycle;Nov2009, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p31
The article focuses on the operations of the Green Waste Material Recovery Facility (MRF) and Z-Best Composting Facility in San Jose, California. It notes the installation of an automated material recovery equipment by Bulk Handling Systems at the Green Waste MRF facility to maximize efficiency...
- Extra benefit in massive trommels. // BioCycle;Aug96, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p24
Reports that the first pieces of equipment installed at the four Chicago materials recovery facilities (MRFs) that opened in December 1995 were huge trommel screens. Size of the screens; Capacity of the MRFs; Impacts not envisioned in the design of the plant.
- Materials recovery facilities: A 1996 update. Berenyi, Eileen Brettler // BioCycle;Aug96, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p83
Reports on plant and equipment trends in materials recovery facilities (MRF) in the United States in 1996. Regional distribution; Public and private sector involvement; Factors leading to shift from private to public MRF ownership.
- MRF HITS RECORD RECYCLING MONTH, CREDIT GOES TO ALL-IN-ONE PROGRAM. // BioCycle;Feb2004, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the All-In-One Recycling program by the Chittenden Solid Waste District in Williston, Vermont. Promotion of the recycling program; Investment in sorting equipment and renovation at the materials recovery facility; Efficiency of the recycling system.
- Canadian Machinex Technology Bound for Scotland Material Recovery Facility. // Solid Waste Report;4/10/2015, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that a material recovery facility for Levenseat Renewable Energy Ltd. based in Lanark, Scotland will be created with the help of recycling equipment firm Machinex with a view to supply electricity for the electric utility firm National Grid.
- Fitting Your Transfer Station or MRF to the Task. Dully, Daniel P. // MSW Management;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p28
The article focuses on the function, basic processes and equipment needed in material recovery facilities (MRFs). Accordingly, an MRF is a factory designed to disassemble the mass of waste materials delivered to its entrance. It also offers information on companies that provide equipment for...