- How to design a landfill-without pen and pencil! // Waste Age;Mar1989, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p180
No abstract available.
- A Lotus use for landfills Siderer, Jack P. // Waste Age;Jan1988, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p108
No abstract available.
- Hi-Tech Help. // Waste Age;Nov2000, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p95
Provides information on high-technology tools designed to help landfill management facilities. Computer-Aided Earthmoving System from Caterpillar Inc.; DumpStat Windows software package for detection monitoring statistics and laboratory data management at landfills from Discerning Systems Inc.
- Selecting Software That's Right for Your Operation. Merrill, Lynn // MSW Management;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p96
This article focuses on different types of computer software dedicated to the solid waste industry. Fleet software provides operators with a database focused on each one of the trucks in the operation. These software will include the capability to collect and compile fuel usage, either through...
- LandGEM: the EPA's Landfill Gas Emissions Model. DUFFY, DANIEL P. // MSW Management;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p49
The article offers brief information on the Landfill Gas Emissions (LandGem) software from the Landfill Methane Outreach Program (LMOP) of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- PLC and DCS collaborate in an alarming situation. Willoughby, Kris // InTech;Sep2004, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p42
This article provides information on the installation of a programmable logic controller (PLC) in an attempt to provide the required alarm-reporting capability at a landfill facility. A landfill facility for storing regulated waste went up at the Idaho National Engineering and Environment...
- Scales and Software Collect Data Management Reaps Rewards. DeClue, Marsha // MSW Management;May/Jun2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p84
Addresses in-ground truck sales and peripheral software associated with the truck sales. Importance of truck scale software to landfill operations; Significance of the computer application customer satisfaction and retainance; Contribution of the application to the management of refuse disposal...
- IT professionals should beware environmental cost of complexity. Mohan, Andrew // Computer Weekly;8/2/2005, p34
This article reports that IT professionals should beware environmental cost of complexity. Millions of working PCs are dumped in landfill sites in Great Britain every year. Some need to be replaced because of faults or failures. Most, though, are deemed to be too old, too slow or incapable, and...
- Numerical Simulation Analysis of Coal Mining with Paste-like Backfill underwater Based on UDEC. Yu Dong; Yang Wu; Leichang Shao; Zhongjie Duan // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 962-965, p935
Based on the instance of extremely thick coal seam mining under aquifer in Gonggeyingzi Coal Mine, the theoretical calculation for the height of water flowing fractured zone in this coal mine was 30.6m and calculation model was established. Analyzed by the UDEC software, the surface displacement...