- Transportation Rates and the Recycling Problem. Schary, Philip B. // Transportation Journal;Spring77, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p46
Deals with the issue of transportation rates for recycled materials, and the development of regulatory policies concerning these rates. Objectives of resource recovery; State of recycling channels; Role of transportation costs in the recycling process; Development of public policy in the...
- Salute to diversion. // BioCycle;Jun95, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on Pennsylvania-based Tobyhanna Army Depot's diversion of scrap metals and corrugated. Volume of waste recycled or composted in fiscal 1994; Reconditioning and fabrication of electronics for the Army; Creation of closed-loop system for wood.
- TRANSPORT OPTIONS FOR ORGANIC RESIDUALS AND FINISHED PRODUCTS. // BioCycle;May2003, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the option given to truck body suppliers to meet the transport needs of composters and organic recyclers. Driving force behind the Side-Dump trailer evolution; Use of belt and live floors to transport raw feedstocks and finished products; Introduction of the Red River Manufacturing's...
- Recycling trailer moved to IESI office. // Graham Leader;5/6/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 76, p2A
The article offers information related to recycling trailer which has been moved from the convenience station to the IESI Corp.'s office in order to keep Graham, Young County in Texas beautiful.
- Raleigh, North Carolina COMPOSTNOW: A RESIDENTIAL FOOD WASTE SHUTTLE. // BioCycle;Nov2011, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p9
The article focuses on CompostNow, a residential food waste shuttle, owned by Matt Rostetter in Raleigh, North Carolina, which enables customers to compost their food waste without having to compost at home.
- Using compost on the road. // BioCycle;Jun95, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the Maine Department of Transportation's launching of pilot projects that explore roadside uses for recycled organic materials. Use of compost and mulch for erosion control, filtration, landscaping and agronomic purposes.
- Reaping the benefits for recycling. Harrington, Jason // Roads & Bridges;Mar2002, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p22
Highlights the first international conference on the use of recycled materials in transportation in Washington D.C. Usage of recycled asphalt pavement to examine viability of recycled tire rubber; Utility of cold in-place recycling on major highway projects; Method of rehabilitating roads.
- Rolling on roofing shingles. // BioCycle;Aug97, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p26
Reports on Texas Department of Transportation's development of methods using recycled materials to supplement road asphalt mix and its base material. Testing of roofing shingles as a component in roadway pavement; Components of road pavement.
- Europe's toxic waste. MacKenzie, Debora // World Health;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the exportation of toxic wastes from the European Community under the guise of recycling. Freedom to send refuse abroad acting as a disincentive for European companies to develop technologies that generate less waste; Basel Convention; Organization for Economic Co-operation and...