- Newsprint industry unprepared for content standards. // BioCycle;Nov96, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the lack of recycled newsprint manufacturing capacity to meet state minimum recycling content standards in the United States. Tiered recycle content mandates; Implications on municipal recycling programs.
- Collaborative rules for commercial recycling. // BioCycle;Jan1996, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the proposals submitted by a commercial recycling work group in Portland, Oregon. Outcome of Portland City Council's ordinance which mandates recycling to all business and projects valued above $25,000; Expectations on businesses' compliance to the proposals; Goal for recycling...
- Lakeshore Merges with RSI. // C&D World;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the merger of Lakeshore Waste Services LLC and Recycling Systems Inc. to form Lakeshore Recycling Systems LLC (LRS) to provide recycling and roll-off waste collection services to commercial and municipal customers in the Chicago, Illinois area.
- Pennsylvania ruling impacts recycling. // Resource Recycling;Jan2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the implications of a Supreme Court ruling in Pennsylvania to several recycling programs. The ruling enjoins municipalities within Pennsylvania from further collecting administrative fees which will have an impact on rural drop-off sites and special programs for hazardous...
- Q&A with Chuck Clarke. Truini, Joe // Waste News;2/16/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p18
Chuck Clarke is director of Seattle, Washington Public Utilities. The Seattle City Council has voted 8-0 on December 15, 2003 to adopt Mayor Greg Nickels' proposal to mandate residential and commercial recycling. The city has undertaken the mandated recycling program in hopes of reversing a...
- Chicago uses stickers, ties, grants to promote recycling. Truini, Joe // Waste News;3/1/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p6
Chicago officials kicked off two programs on February 23 to improve the city's municipal blue bag recycling program. The effort includes a grant program for nonprofit groups and a pilot project that will make residential recycling more convenient. The Neighborhood Recycling Grants Program will...
- N.J. bill could aid recycling. Truini, Joe // Waste News;4/25/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p3
This article reports that a New Jersey legislator is hoping to resurrect the state's recycling tonnage grant to encourage municipalities to enforce the state's recycling mandate and more accurately report recovered material. Democratic Assembly man John F. McKeon has agreed to sponsor...
- MUNICIPAL RECYCLING SURVEY. // Waste News;02/19/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p14
Presents data on recycling efforts of several municipalities in the United States based on the 2001 Municipal Recycling Survey conducted by 'Waste News' magazine. Population; Recycling rate; Total tonnage collection; Collection methods; Commercial recycling program offered; Recycling goals;...
- Inside SPORT ON SUNDAY. // Mail on Sunday;7/29/2012, p1
THE BIG KICK-OFF
- Mail Online TODAY. // Daily Mail;8/ 3/2013, p96
THE BIG KICK-OFF