- Disposal of household cleaning materials. // Consumer Reports;1996 Supplement How to Clean, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p201
Gives instruction for the disposal of water-soluble, solid and solvent-based cleaning products. Household hazardous waste collection centers.
- Hazardless wastes. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Mar2005, Issue 269, p22
Reports on the description of most hazardous waste at homes. Names of things as hazardous waste; Methods on the reduction of hazardous household waste usage.
- Hazardous wastes. L.J. // Science World;12/9/94, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the Superfund program set up by the United States government to clean up leaking hazardous waste dump sites. Areas with the most Superfund sites; List of hazardous chemical found in the average household.
- Household Clean Sweep Suggestions. Spears, Amy // Kalihwisaks;6/12/2014, p2B
The article offers suggestions for the clean sweeping the household wastes and also mentions the hazardous waste such as scrap metal and lead-acid batteries and latex paint should be disposed.
- Waste not, want not. // Business Press;2/9/96, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p7
Reports on the plan for a permanent hazardous household waste facility in Fort Worth, Texas.
- It starts at HOME. Tennesen, Michael // Shape;Oct2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p98
Focuses on the environmental impact of toxic household and garden products. Link of repeated exposure to pesticides and weed killers with immune-system disorders, fetal mutations and cancer; Consideration of pesticides as hazardous wastes; Influence of phosphates in some products on the...
- Container cleaning machines. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p44
The article evaluates a device made by Rotajet that cleans and decontaminates hazardous waste containers.
- Environmental perspective. // Conservationist;1994, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p38
Presents New York state environmental news items. Programs for the collection of household hazardous waste (HHW); First-ever collection day for agricultural waste pesticides, the `Erie County Clean Sweep'; Niagara Mohawk's funding of an environmental project to extend the inner harbor area...
- Spring dumpster weekend. // Navajo Times;4/23/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 16, pC-8
The article informs that the non-profit organization Farmington Clean& Beautiful will organize Spring Dumpster Weekend for the residents of Farmington, New Mexico, on May 2-3, 2015 in which metal, household non-hazardous trash, yard waste, and electronic waste will be accepted.
- Garage cleanup. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;01/22/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p1
Focuses on household hazard wastes in the United States. Management of household hazard waste disposal by local governments; Number of solid waste management districts in Ohio; Details of the waste collection programs of Delaware.