- Report Finds Recycling, Waste Increasing. King, Lance // Waste Age;May2000, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on a report by the GrassRoots Recycling Network showing an increase in product and packaging waste, as well as recycling records in the United States during 1997. Review of progress in recycling and environmental impacts of wasting resources; Strategies for eliminating waste; Number of...
- Trash for Dummies. Tom, Patricia-Anne // Waste Age;Aug2002, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p6
Comments on the difficulties on deciphering garbage production in the U.S. Indication on the increase on the total amount of garbage; Total tons of garbage generated in the year 2000; Assessment on the recycling capacity of the garbage industry.
- Learn More Online. // Garbage & Recycling;2009, p30
An online reference about garbage and recycling is presented.
- Decentralized route to recycling organics. Corse, Christy // BioCycle;Oct97, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on strategies to enhance public participation in backyard recycling program for organic wastes in Texas. Implementation of a Master Composter program; Number of cities and counties included in the program; Grant funding for the program; Volunteers used in executing the program. INSET:...
- PROVINCE USES TWO CART SYSTEM FOR ORGANICS AND MSW COLLECTION. // BioCycle;Sep2002, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p20
Reports the use of two cart system for the collection of organic residuals and waste in Prince Edward Island (PEI). Launch of the Waste Watch program; Use of transparent bags in gathering recyclables; Percentage of landfill diversion attained in the PEI areas.
- Wall Around Michigan. Miller, Chaz // Waste Age;Apr2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p40
Discusses the shipment of household garbage from Canada into Michigan. Problems related to the shipment of household garbage; Comparison of recycling in Michigan and Canada; Background of interstate waste shipment in the U.S.
- GARBAGE BECOMES VISUAL RESOURCE IN BAY AREA. // BioCycle;Feb2005, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p37
The article informs that art made from trash to graphically prove the beauty, as well as utility, of recycling is the goal of the Artist-in Residence Program at San Francisco's dump. Founded in 1990 by Norcal Waste Systems Inc., the program has involved 50 Bay Area artists who have completed...
- Recycle wrapping paper: make a fish! Bell, Sandy // Highlights;Jul2005, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p21
Presents information on the procedure to make a fish made with recycled paper.
- recycling surfaces. domville dondisch, gabriela // Cloth Paper Scissors;Mar/Apr2014, p56
The article offers step-by-step instructions for recycling wooden castoffs into artworks.