- Town takes trip around Carbone. Shanoff, Barry // World Wastes;Jul98, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p116
Reports that a local government may take over municipal solid waste operations and may limit private haulers without violating the constitution, according to the US Federal Court of Appeals in `Sal Tinnerello & Sons Inc. v. Town of Stonington et al.' Exemptions to the rule banning states from...
- Of mountains and molehills. Delong, James V. // Brookings Review;Spring94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the political and social aspects of the municipal solid waste (MSW) management crisis in the United States. Diminishing space for waste disposal; Increasing need for source reduction, recycling and incineration; Inefficiency of socio-political institutions to deal with the crisis;...
- Mass. proposal to mandate disposers may fall short. Heselbarth, Rob // Contractor Magazine;Nov95, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p8
Reports that state officials are not convinced to make garbage disposers on kitchen sinks mandatory in Massachusetts. Public hearing by the Board of State Examiners of Plumbers and Gas Fitters; Lifting of ban on food waste disposers in New York State; Efforts of the National Association of...
- Alabama revises trash regulations. Wilkinson, Mitch // Waste News;7/1/96, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the streamlining of solid-waste regulations in Alabama. Proposals aimed to reduce the paperwork necessary for the approval of sanitary landfills; Planned revisions to the permit process.
- Ontario to overhaul solid-waste rules. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;8/26/96, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p1
No abstract available.
- State biosolids regulations update. O'Dette, Robert G. // BioCycle;Jan1995, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p63
Part I. Reports on the effort of various states to make their biosolids regulations more compatible with the US Environmental Protection Agency's 40 CFR Part 503 regulations for the use or disposal of biosolids. Statutory timetable; Concept of state delegation relative to biosolids; Review...
- Draft waste strategy for Scotland. // BioCycle;Sep97, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency's (SEPA) publication of a draft national waste strategy. Reduction of landfilling of controlled waste by 2005; Recovery of 40 percent of municipal solid waste by 2005; Recycling or composting of household waste by 2000; Development of...
- D.C may privatize its residential disposal. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;10/28/96, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p4
Highlights a request of the District of Columbia to privatize residential disposal. Seeking of proposals for caring residential trash from the city's transfer stations to the Fairfax County waste-to-energy plant or another site; Reason for the request.
- Sacramento County oks trash plan. // Waste News;10/28/96, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the approval of plans to institute a three level and yard-waste program in California. Choice of three size cans given to Californian residents.