- Pay Nowâ€¦or Later. Kelley, Tom // Beverage World;3/15/2009, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p58
This article discusses common problems in truck maintenance that may be affected by making the right spec choices when purchasing a new truck in the beverage industry. Two examples of these are brake systems and lighting systems. There are spec'ing choices that can reduce truck maintenance. One...
- How to trim tire costs. Bald, Jim // Overdrive;Jul96, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on how to trim truck tire costs. Specification dilemma; Reasons for steer tire removal. INSET: Spec'ing vocational tires, by Greg Sitek..
- Fiberglass Service Bodies Offer Savings, Looks, and Value. // Fleet Equipment;Aug2004, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p42
Introduces Brand FX fiberglass service bodies for truck operators, developed by Brand FX Body Co. Cost benefit of the product; Durability; Contact information.
- Spec'ing for the job. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Aug2006, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p60
The article discusses the significance of creating suspensions to vocational fleets. It was indicated that is important to consider the strength-to-weight ratio of the trucks to attain durability and reliability. Moreover, it is important for fleets to spec their requirement properly to attain...
- High tech on and off the road. Cox, Charles // Overdrive;Jul94, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on the concept of vocational trucking. Characteristics of vocational trucking; Description of vocational trucking; Spec'ing a truck; Equipment spec'ing in vocational trucking; Features of a tractor used in vocational application; Use of electronic engines; Components to consider in truck...
- Tax file. Simonson, Ken // Fleet Owner;Sep99, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the United States Treasury Department's announcement in August 1999 that it is seeking input on how to study depreciation. Implications for trucking; Information on trucking write-offs; Effect of durability and reliability of equipment on truck depreciation.
- All in the Family. Skydel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Jun2004, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p12
Explores how Chad Carmichael manages the fleets of family-owned trucking businesses Carmichael Trucking and A&C Trucking in Indianapolis, Indiana. Services provided by the companies to the construction sector; Models of trucks used by the companies; Truck maintenance; Truck durability and...
- TROPHYLITE ANNOUNCES NEW R-8 SPEC CLASS. // DIRTSports;Aug2010, Vol. 6 Issue 66, p14
The article evaluates the R-8 spec class truck from Trophylite.
- EXPEDITER'S DREAM. Heine, Max // Overdrive;Jun2002, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p40
Features Specs, a Volvo VNL42 truck owned by Glen and Janice Rice. Description of the truck design; Details on the interior and exterior of Specs; Engines and tire used.
- Knapheide KUV Series Service Bodies Now Available Through H&H Sales Co. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p46
Introduces the Knapheide KUV Series Service Bodies by H&H Sales Co. Features of the product; Installation of the truck bodies on the van chassis as a unit; Durability of the machinery.