- High tech on and off the road. Cox, Charles // Overdrive;Jul94, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on the concept of vocational trucking. Characteristics of vocational trucking; Description of vocational trucking; Spec'ing a truck; Equipment spec'ing in vocational trucking; Features of a tractor used in vocational application; Use of electronic engines; Components to consider in truck...
- How low can you go? Richards, Paul // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jan2003, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on developments related to restructuring of the trucks into commercial vehicle. Introduction of changes in ambulances; Advantages of Low Floor Front Drive. INSET: SPEC'ING BY BRAND REMAINS STRONG.
- Sipping Strategies. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Jun2006, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p18
The article presents a price forecast for diesel fuel in the U.S. Energy Information Administration has made adjustments to its national diesel price forecast to an average price of 2.70 dollars per gallon. In addition, the American Trucking Associations estimated that motor carries will spend...
- Component sourcing updates. KOETH, DENISE // Fleet Equipment;Jul2012, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p46
The article focuses on suggestions by manufacturers of trucks, drivetrains, and engines, to fleet operators for spec'ing components on the vehicles. Topics discussed include identification of applications such as industrial and construction, in which vehicles will be used before drivetrain...
- Spec'ing for resale value can reduce truck life cycle costs, says Kenworth. // Refrigerated Transporter;Jul2003, Vol. 39 Issue 26, p31
Focuses on the need for truck buyers to consider spec'ing for resale value on their next purchase decision to help reduce life cycle costs according to Kenworth Truck Co. Sample of spec'ing for resale; Advices given for buyers to spec an engine brake; Factors that can aid in selling used equipment.
- How to trim tire costs. Bald, Jim // Overdrive;Jul96, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on how to trim truck tire costs. Specification dilemma; Reasons for steer tire removal. INSET: Spec'ing vocational tires, by Greg Sitek..
- Spec'ing heavy duty clutches. Dwyer, John J. // Fleet Owner;Aug97, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p30
Opinion. Discusses heavy duty truck clutches. Main components of heavy duty truck clutches; Discussion on The Maintenance Council (TMC) recommended practice offers spec'ing tips for clutches.
- Spec'ing tips. // Overdrive;Jul94, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p58
Provides tips and methods in spec'ing a transmission in trucks. Factors to consider in spec'ing a transmission; Problem of choosing whether to use overdrive or direct-drive transmission; Drivetrain spec'ing fundamentals; Figuring the overall drivetrain ratio; Advice by Frank A. Palmeri, director...
- Vocational Trucks. // Overdrive;2008 Spec Guide Supplement, Vol. 47, p44
The article provides information in spec'ing a vocational truck. It relates that in spec'ing a vocational truck, the usage of the vehicle must be considered, which includes the range of speeds, grades and the offroad services it will be driven such as logging roads. Moreover, the article...
- Looking into lighting. Deierlein, Bob // Beverage World;Mar1995, Vol. 114 Issue 1587, p164
Focuses on the upkeep of truck lighting systems. Lighting-related tips to consider when specing a power unit; Suggestions on how to get maximum life from lamps.