Choosing environmental instruments in a transnational context
- Books Received*. // European Journal of International Law;1996, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p146
A bibliography on the subject of constitutional law is presented, which includes the books "Extradition: Australian Law and Procedure" by E. P. Aughterson, "Declining Jurisdiction in Private International Law" by J. J. Fawcett, and "A Source Book of European Community Environmental Law" by...
- International Laws May Dim Hopes of Reg Relief. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;3/28/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 13, p47
Analyzes the implication of international environmental laws to the regulatory relief of United States from the administration of President George W. Bush. How chemical producers will be affected by the laws; Roles of environmental groups; Possible agenda for the anniversary of the Rio Earth...
- CARVING OUT A GREATER ROLE FOR CIVIL LITIGATION AS AN ENVIRONMENTAL LAW ENFORCEMENT TOOL IN ZIMBABWE'S 2013 CONSTITUTION. Madebwe, Tinashe // LEAD Journal (Law, Environment & Development Journal);2015, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
The article offers information on environment related laws enforced in 2013 Constutuion of Zimbabwe including civil litigations, environment protection and compliances.
- Clean Air: Court Vacates EPA Delay Of MACT Rule. Hunter, Pam // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/23/2012, Vol. 268 Issue 2, p7
The article reports that the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia has reinstated the original compliance date for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's boiler maximum achievable control technology (MACT) and solid-waste incinerator rules published in March 2011.
- Common law preemption: Alaska's limitation on private nuisance and due process. Nwankwo, Oji K. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Summer96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p951
Examines the role of common law private nuisance actions in an environmental context and questions whether the Alaska statute, by eliminating these common law actions, violates equal protection. Background on common law, politics and permits; Private nuisance; Alaska's sliding equal protection...
- A PRIMER ON INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL LAW: SUSTAINABILITY AS A PRINCIPLE OF INTERNATIONAL LAW AND CUSTOM. Blodgett, Mark S.; Hunter Jr., Richard J.; Lozada, Hector R. // ILSA Journal of International & Comparative Law;Fall2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p15
International environmental law draws from two important sources: international treaties and conventions and customary international law. The main body of international environmental law today is comprised of around twenty multilateral treaties and more than 275 bilateral agreements that contain...
- International law. International tribunals. The WTO sea turtle decision Pyatt, Suzanne // Ecology Law Quarterly;1999, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p815
No abstract available.
- SIGNIFICANT INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL CASES JULY 2001-JUNE 2002. Abrahams, Darren // Journal of Environmental Law;2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p391
Presents a summary of significant international environmental cases from July 2001 to June 2002. Case background; Legal issues raised; Rulings.
- Wrestling with the Clean Air Act. Martz, Don // Corporate Detroit;Jul94, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on the use of a compliance audit in dealing with the 1990 Clean Air Act. Performance rating; File reviews; Identification of processes, sources and materials in use; Paperwork review; Preparation of a preliminary summary; Calculations.