- Public Values in Water Law: A Case of Substantive Fragmentation? Ambrus, Monika; Gilissen, Herman Kasper; van Kempen, Jasper J. H. // Utrecht Law Review;May2014, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the substantive fragmentation of public water values in several institutional levels including international, regional, and sub-regional level. Topics discussed include the conceptual framework of fragmentation and public values in water law, public water values in...
- Measuring Trade Show ROI. Brandl, Philip J. // Appliance Manufacturer;Sep2002, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p52
Focuses on the publication of white papers on the assessment of the value of trade show participation. Topics covered by the papers; Importance of the return on investment (ROI); Benefits in measuring ROI.
- 403(b) Participant Engagement. Moore, Rebecca // Benefits Magazine;Nov2015, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p54
The article discusses the value for public employers to boost employee participation in 403(b) plans which can be achieved through communication and counseling.
- Few Challengers Expected to Pitch Mass. Anti-Smoking. Gianatasio, David // Adweek New England Edition;05/14/2001, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p5
Reports that few advertising agencies have participated on the campaign account review of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Tobacco Control Program. Total value of the account; List of advertising agencies that opted not to participate in the review.
- The Belarusian Orthodox Church in the Shadow of the State. Vasilevich, Natalia // Russian Politics & Law;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p7
The Orthodox Church in Belarus tries to speak out in support of the state and at the same time uphold its own values. It can be effective in upholding its own values only if it participates in public dialogue.
- Comments on Rulemaking vs. Democracy: Judging and Nudging Public Participation That Counts. Garbow, Avi; McDermott, Marna // Environmental Law Reporter: News & Analysis;Aug2014, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p10678
The authors discuss the value of public comments on agency rulemaking in the U.S., particularly in the policymaking process of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). They believe that agencies should facilitate a cheap and easy participation from the public and emphasize the value of mass...
- PRIVATE SCHOOLS AND THE PUBLIC GOOD: THE EFFECT OF PRIVATE EDUCATION ON POLITICAL PARTICIPATION AND TOLERANCE IN THE TEXAS POLL. Greene, Jay P.; Mellow, Nicole; Giammmo, Joseph // Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry & Practice;Jun1999, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p429
Private schools make an undeniable contribution to the public good. Nevertheless, many critics argue that public schools do a better job of instilling civic values in students. This article examines the effect of public and private education on political participation and tolerance and...
- Ø§Ù„Ù…Ø´Ø§Ø±ÙƒØ© Ø§Ù„Ø³ÙŠØ§Ø³ÙŠØ© ÙˆØ§Ù„Ù…Ø¬Ø§Ù„ Ø§Ù„Ø¹Ø§Ù… Ø¯Ø±Ø§Ø³Ø© Ù…ي... الزعبي, علي // Journal of Social Sciences;2013, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p67
The study addresses the level of participation of Kuwaiti Youth in political life and its relation to the public sphere. It primarily focuses on a number of important issues such as: the size of political participation of Kuwaiti youth and their motives, areas and patterns of political...
- Coalition working to bring recognition to public health. // Nation's Health;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the efforts of the Public Health Brand Identity Coalition to improve awareness of public health in the United States. Importance of public health awareness to families; Views of National Association of Local Boards of Health Executive Director Marie M. Fallon on the value of public...
- LOW COST ACCESS TO HEALTH JOURNALS. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Jun2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p105
Reports on the addition of 43 countries to the list of eligible participants in the Health InterNetwork Access to Research Initiative, giving them online access to a range of medical journals. Total number of countries participating in the initiative; Value of the publication offered to...